It's More Mine!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 04:00 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Default It's More Mine!

Today was a momentous day in Porscheville!

1. Set a personal land speed record! Note to self, heed the following equation: clomping on accelerator + Sport Plus = go very fast!

2. Kills Turkeys Fast. Actually, don't go PETA on me, stupid bird flapped away looking no worse for wear. Jive turkey came out of nowhere. Happily for my Unicorn, I was going slow. Clipped its legs with the top of the car. Small crack in the top of the windshield.

3. Used Sport Plus and button shifters together for first time. I've been getting used to both independently since I've never had a car with either, not to mention a car with nearly 400 HP and an engine in the rear. It was a blast!

4. It's now more mine than his. Car had 19,816 miles on the odo when I bought it. A few miles after my turkey incident, it clocked 39,632 miles which means the wife and I have more rump time in the Unicorn than the previous owner. To the previous owner - thank you for spec'ing it almost exactly as I would have; if you've enjoyed whatever you replaced this 997.2S with half as much as I have, then we're both lucky ducks.

Finally, a public shout out to my lovely wife for buying me this car 2 years ago.
She knew I was too cheap to pull the trigger myself. I'd still be hemming and hawing over cost, and would have missed out on a lot of fun miles, meeting some great new friends, and boring the people I work with about tales of my turkey encounter.

Sorry for the long winded post. Now get off the Internet, and drive those fabulous cars we are lucky to own and drive. Peace and love y'all!

T
Old 03-26-2016, 06:22 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 474 Likes on 272 Posts

Kudos to you Tommy….always a pleasure to read your posts!

Tom
Old 03-26-2016, 09:17 PM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TommyV44
Kudos to you TommyÂ….always a pleasure to read your posts!

Tom
Thanks. It's good to remember from time to time that we're lucky to drive these awesome cars...T
Old 03-27-2016, 09:20 AM
Blue Chip
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hopefully no damage from the turkey....

I clocked one headed to Sebring at 70mph... no paint damage, but my dent guy was busy...
Old 03-27-2016, 12:06 PM
malexgcab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
Thanks. It's good to remember from time to time that we're lucky to drive these awesome cars...T
Amen to that.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:32 PM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Blue Chip
Hopefully no damage from the turkey....

I clocked one headed to Sebring at 70mph... no paint damage, but my dent guy was busy...
Thankfully, no. Small crack in windshield. Already had a crack thanks to interstate construction zone. I was going to replace ur eventually...T
Old 03-27-2016, 04:39 PM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by malexgcab
Amen to that.
Hallelujah!
In retrospect, the best thing that happened to me was getting caught in a hail storm just two weeks after I bought it. At the time, I nearly cried. But, it got fixed, looked like new after PDR. So, I just drive it, I still baby it, park it in Timbuktu, but stuff happens, and if it does, I will just get it fixed. I don't want to deprive myself if enjoying my dream car out if fear that something might happen to it...T

Quick Reply: It's More Mine!