Sponsored by:

Spacer help

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 09:09 PM
Davidoconn
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spacer help

Hoping somebody can provide some advice. I have OZ track wheels and tires for my Boxster and would like to use the wheels on my 2011 C4S just for Autocross use. The rims fit, but tires do not as confirmed with Tire Rack.

I can run 295's in the back, I can't run the stock 305's due to the OZ rear rim being 10" wide. I know it's not ideal but just want to make use of them for Autocross and dont want to tear up street tires.

Would anybody have a spacer size suggestion for the rear rims?

Thanks
Old 03-23-2016, 09:31 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Davidoconn
Hoping somebody can provide some advice. I have OZ track wheels and tires for my Boxster and would like to use the wheels on my 2011 C4S just for Autocross use. The rims fit, but tires do not as confirmed with Tire Rack.

I can run 295's in the back, I can't run the stock 305's due to the OZ rear rim being 10" wide. I know it's not ideal but just want to make use of them for Autocross and dont want to tear up street tires.

Would anybody have a spacer size suggestion for the rear rims?

Thanks
Need too know the offsets to give you any advice.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:56 PM
Davidoconn
Advanced

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Need too know the offsets to give you any advice.
Fronts are 53mm rears are 40mm. Forgot about that. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:03 PM
Kuhl997.2!
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 92 Posts

I am sure others will chime in on this but believe it not to be a good idea to use wheel spaces while participation in auto cross or other racing activities.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:26 AM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Use this site to compare the rears, then again with the fronts: www.willtheyfit.com

For example using 997.1 C4S OEM rear specs:
OEM Before: 305/30R19 on 11x19 ET51
OZ After (I'm making a guess here, your specs are incomplete): 295/30R19 on 10x19 ET40
No spacers would be needed in the rear in this example. The majority of the 1" width difference shows up on the inner side of the wheel. The outsides are very close by 1.7mm difference.

Now you haven't really listed the full wheel and tire specs so you will need to check the site above yourself using your real values (diameters? front widths? full tires sizes?). Don't forget to check the fronts too, especially if there is a width difference between OEM and your OZ wheels.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:56 AM
Davidoconn
Advanced

Originally Posted by semicycler
Use this site to compare the rears, then again with the fronts: www.willtheyfit.com

For example using 997.1 C4S OEM rear specs:
OEM Before: 305/30R19 on 11x19 ET51
OZ After (I'm making a guess here, your specs are incomplete): 295/30R19 on 10x19 ET40
No spacers would be needed in the rear in this example. The majority of the 1" width difference shows up on the inner side of the wheel. The outsides are very close by 1.7mm difference.

Now you haven't really listed the full wheel and tire specs so you will need to check the site above yourself using your real values (diameters? front widths? full tires sizes?). Don't forget to check the fronts too, especially if there is a width difference between OEM and your OZ wheels.
Thanks very much.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:19 AM
Blue Chip
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuhl997.2!
I am sure others will chime in on this but believe it not to be a good idea to use wheel spaces while participation in auto cross or other racing activities.
Why not? I've seen many many many cars running spacers when we do DE's... I have 10mm spacers all around on my car....

Trending Topics

Old 03-24-2016, 11:32 AM
der Geist
Instructor

I ran 7mm front and 15mm rear spacers on my Boxster for years, Probably a dozen 2 day DE weekends and at least a couple of autocross events. I never had a problem even though a few on the Boxster boards said I would rip up my suspension. The biggest worry was supposedly putting extra wear on the wheel bearings. When I sold the car with 75K miles I still had all the original wheel bearings in and they were still going strong with no apparent wear or sloppiness.

I was doing the same as the OP, putting Carrera wheels on a Boxster.

Quick Reply: Spacer help