Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished my interior upgrade project including custom leather and CF PDK surround

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016 | 08:58 AM
Ni_Mo
Racer

CF & leather, nothing better!
Old 03-23-2016 | 12:52 PM
Cysco
Racer

Originally Posted by slicky rick
Well done brother! Love those seats too. Compliments all the other carbon stuff. Is the center console oem or Mac?
The carbon bits are MAC. The leather PDK surround is from Exclusive Options. I was really impressed with the quality of all the pieces. I don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference between OEM and these parts.

Really the only issue I had installing everything was when I was putting the console back in. The original console on our cars has that airbag light for the passenger side airbag. The new console I got didn't have a pre-cut hole for that lamp. (it had an outline of where it should go, but I guess you'd have to cut that out yourself and I wasn't about to try doing that.)

I just left it unplugged and put everything back together. Wouldn't you know it, it threw an airbag warning indicator. Ugh. I had to yank everything out again, plug that lamp in and tuck it up under the console. Of course I had to also get the stupid warning indicator cleared. Lesson learned, don't ever leave anything unplugged. :-)

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

Quick Reply: Finished my interior upgrade project including custom leather and CF PDK surround