997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Level of wind noise with 997 convertibles

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016 | 05:10 PM
JAGMAN1
Rennlist Member

I think you've got some good info to chew on regarding the noise level. The only other consideration that wasn't addressed in as much detail was winter. In general there is no problem with winter and the cab top. But you do have to be quite careful when clearing snow off the top. No tools, or stiff brushes. Use your coat sleeve, and you won't damage the top. Oh, and keep it protected with the cab top protectant.
Old 03-23-2016 | 10:15 AM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JAGMAN1
I think you've got some good info to chew on regarding the noise level. The only other consideration that wasn't addressed in as much detail was winter. In general there is no problem with winter and the cab top. But you do have to be quite careful when clearing snow off the top. No tools, or stiff brushes. Use your coat sleeve, and you won't damage the top. Oh, and keep it protected with the cab top protectant.
Great advice and thanks

BTW I am considering the model range 2008-2012, prefer an AWD version cab with manual transmission, any suggestions to which series may be a recommended or what year to avoid?
Old 03-23-2016 | 11:23 AM
JAGMAN1
Rennlist Member

If you're considering '08-'12, then I think that makes the decision easy. Find a '09 or newer and get the updates that the 997.2 delivered. You'll find a lot of good reading here about reliability improvements and updated PCM, etc. Some may matter to you some may not.

As for the AWD version, there's lots of good reading on hear about that, pros and cons for both.
Old 03-23-2016 | 12:11 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JAGMAN1
If you're considering '08-'12, then I think that makes the decision easy. Find a '09 or newer and get the updates that the 997.2 delivered. You'll find a lot of good reading here about reliability improvements and updated PCM, etc. Some may matter to you some may not.

As for the AWD version, there's lots of good reading on hear about that, pros and cons for both.
Will do. I think living in Boston area where weather can be usually an element, the AWD feature can be beneficial (4,4S or even my dream car a TT). Also I like the wider rear

Thank you once again.
Sam

Quick Reply: Level of wind noise with 997 convertibles