Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H&R Swaybars - what's your setting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 10:27 PM
gasongasoff
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
Default H&R Swaybars - what's your setting?

If you have H&R swaybars, which setting do you use in the rear?
(Also, how do you like them?)
Old 03-20-2016, 12:01 PM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Second softest from the end.

At one point I was planning on adjusting it to other holes to see if any of the other setting was better for me. But then I got the DSC box. No need to make any more adjustments on the sway bar. The DSC box dialed in my suspension the remaining amount I wanted.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:17 AM
gasongasoff
Pro

Great thx. I have a stock front swaybar and rear h&r set same as yours. I might have the rear bumped up a notch when the front h&r goes in.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:07 AM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by gasongasoff
Great thx. I have a stock front swaybar and rear h&r set same as yours. I might have the rear bumped up a notch when the front h&r goes in.
I have a set of new OEM front sway bar bushings in the marketplace right now. Your front H&R bar will not come with new bushings. They say to reuse your old ones which is fine. Or replace with new ones...
Old 03-23-2016, 12:14 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts

I just want to add that the sway bar settings are one component of many and the setup of the other components in your suspension will affect how you tune your stabilizers. So, even though two cars may have the same setting on the sway, the entire alignment package needs to be looked at to get the correct picture of how that setting will affect handling. It s always best to set it at neutral until you drive the car at speed to get a feel for how it reacts to your driving style and road surface. My 2c.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:41 AM
gasongasoff
Pro

Originally Posted by semicycler
I have a set of new OEM front sway bar bushings in the marketplace right now. Your front H&R bar will not come with new bushings. They say to reuse your old ones which is fine. Or replace with new ones...
Thanks man. I ended up ordering a pair beforehand, though. It's a good tip nevertheless.

Originally Posted by nwGTS
I just want to add that the sway bar settings are one component of many and the setup of the other components in your suspension will affect how you tune your stabilizers. So, even though two cars may have the same setting on the sway, the entire alignment package needs to be looked at to get the correct picture of how that setting will affect handling. It s always best to set it at neutral until you drive the car at speed to get a feel for how it reacts to your driving style and road surface. My 2c.
Very true. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a "common" setting to use/avoid. Thanks

Quick Reply: H&R Swaybars - what's your setting?