Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best clear bra installer in OC, CA.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 05:11 PM
LeNoah
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Best clear bra installer in OC, CA.

Just picked up a 997S with aerokit. Only 8900 miles and perfect paint. Who is the go-to person in south Orange County, CA for clear bra installation.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:25 PM
marsirover
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in the same boat, looking for a reputable installer in OC too. Saw Ultimate shield in Orange advertising in PCA magazine. Other would be Protective film service in Costa Mesa, recommended by a rennlister. I have no affiliation. Just like to ask the community about these two installers for past work done.
Thanks for the input.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:58 PM
02m2
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

+1

I called one of those two think Costa Mesa. Think they quoted me 5500 for a full job on my 911...is that expensive?
Old 03-14-2016, 08:39 PM
Philip993
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with Glistening Perfection in Aliso Viejo. Moe is a great guy and does amazing work in my opinion.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:12 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 02m2
+1

I called one of those two think Costa Mesa. Think they quoted me 5500 for a full job on my 911...is that expensive?

That quote is insane...
Old 03-14-2016, 09:34 PM
LP Beck
Intermediate

If you don't mind driving 50 miles out of your way, I highly recommend Xact, they are located in Ontario, a couple of miles from the airport. Luis is a certified installer, did entire front clip on my 997.2 as well as my friends' Cayman S and an M3. Guy does perfect work. I think he charged me $1500 a couple of years ago. No affiliation here, just great work. His number is:
9096052070. Tell him Larry highly recommended him.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:35 AM
marsirover
Advanced

I had Luis with Xact to tint my Lexus 460 thru Crown Lexus 6 years back. Not so impress with his customer service skill. Had to have the rear left window redone. But it took me a few trips to get it fixed.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:38 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by LeNoah
Just picked up a 997S with aerokit. Only 8900 miles and perfect paint. Who is the go-to person in south Orange County, CA for clear bra installation.
If you're interested in going with XPEL, we have a full list of installers here: XPEL California

+1

Pricing is going to vary depending on where you live and the demand for clear bra…

For a partial front end. This includes 18-24” up the hood and fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $795 - $1,000.
Name:  Partial .jpg
Views: 1609
Size:  64.7 KB

For a full front it can range between from $1,795 - $2,100. This includes the entire hood and front fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights.
Name:  Full Front.jpg
Views: 1595
Size:  64.6 KB

For the full car it can range between from $4,500 - $8,000. This includes every painted surface on the car possible.
Name:  Whole Car.jpg
Views: 1602
Size:  66.2 KB

Old 03-15-2016, 01:41 PM
02m2
Rennlist Member

What did you have done and what material did you use?
Thanks
M

Originally Posted by Philip993
I went with Glistening Perfection in Aliso Viejo. Moe is a great guy and does amazing work in my opinion.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:57 PM
Philip993
Track Day

What did you have done and what material did you use?
Thanks
M
They used Suntek Topcoated. Custom full hood, Custom Fenders, PRECUT Bumper, PRECUT Headlights, PRECUT Mirrors. The process involved the following: Decontaminate all surfaces to be filmed, Remove badges, lights, trim pieces.

I was very happy with the outcome. I had a number of other items done as well, Nano coating, and full detail.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:23 PM
marsirover
Advanced

Philip993
I'm looking to have the full front done too. How do you like the look of Suntek clear bra? does it give a glossy shine that you would see in a good looking protected paint? what do you use on top of the clear bra when you detail the rest of your car? Does the edge between the front fender and front bumper get tucked in well? (as I was explained by installers that they are not removing the front bumper for the instalation, thus they will just try to get the clear bra in between as best as they can).
Thanks for your response.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:50 PM
02m2
Rennlist Member

thanks. why didn't you use the Xpel Ultimate?

They used Suntek Topcoated. Custom full hood, Custom Fenders, PRECUT Bumper, PRECUT Headlights, PRECUT Mirrors. The process involved the following: Decontaminate all surfaces to be filmed, Remove badges, lights, trim pieces.

I was very happy with the outcome. I had a number of other items done as well, Nano coating, and full detail.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:51 PM
Philip993
Track Day

thanks. why didn't you use the Xpel Ultimate?
I am sure some will disagree but my main concern was really the installer. Both products seem to get good reviews. Xpel has a longer warranty. I was more concerned about how well the product would be installed. I was also in for a full paint correction and Nano Coating. I can say that I am very happy at this point.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:12 PM
02m2
Rennlist Member

I am with you on the concern. I have a couple cars that are getting repainted and I want to do a full clear wrap on them. The xpel ultimate seems to be the best product currently and Moe is on the site as a certified installer. My only concern with him is that he seems more of a detail guy rather than a clear bra guy. the other couple shops in the area authorized by xpel seem to do more of it. I think of it like heart surgery ..I want the guy that does it several times a day as opposed to several times a year. Thoughts?

I am sure some will disagree but my main concern was really the installer. Both products seem to get good reviews. Xpel has a longer warranty. I was more concerned about how well the product would be installed. I was also in for a full paint correction and Nano Coating. I can say that I am very happy at this point.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:29 PM
Philip993
Track Day

I am with you on the concern. I have a couple cars that are getting repainted and I want to do a full clear wrap on them. The xpel ultimate seems to be the best product currently and Moe is on the site as a certified installer. My only concern with him is that he seems more of a detail guy rather than a clear bra guy. the other couple shops in the area authorized by xpel seem to do more of it. I think of it like heart surgery ..I want the guy that does it several times a day as opposed to several times a year. Thoughts?

I would go with Moe (I have no affiliation with him). I went and visited about 4 installers last year and and spent time at every shop before choosing Glistening Perfection.

Moe is a perfectionist and he is doing a lot of Clear wrap. My understanding is years ago he would outsource it but was often unhappy with the end result. Bad cuts or dust under the film after he worked on getting the paint perfect. You can see some of the cars that he works on, on his Glistening Perfection facebook page. i would say my job was one of his smaller jobs. He will fix any issue. I had a small hair trapped in a window tint (most people would not have noticed it) and no questions asked it was promptly replaced.

Quick Reply: Best clear bra installer in OC, CA.