Sponsored by:

Trusted shop for 997 work in Chicago?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 03:30 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,395 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by malahhaor
Tried to go to Perfect Power once in Buffalo Grove, everyone praises them. But the owner doesn't care for anything other than air-cooled. First time i met him he basically told me i got a crappy car, sell it and get a turbo. And that 997 is not worth doing anything to. So that was the first and last time we spoke.
Originally Posted by nwGTS
Haha. Yeah Saul at PP is kind of a pill.
Yeah, Sol can be a bit of an ***. I do not go there....even in my air cooled days.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:46 AM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Yeah, Sol can be a bit of an ***. I do not go there....even in my air cooled days.
Oh good, i thought it was just me being stuck up.

The Eurosport in Bensenville seems to be about 30 min away from me Rt 83 straight down. I'll pay them a visit next time i want to do something interesting.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:56 AM
4 Track Mind
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do yourself a favor and head to Chicago Performance and Tuning. Competent and honest. In 10+ years neither me nor my car has ever been screwed over. I have even brought a car there for diagnosis when the dealership couldn't figure out what the problem was and then brought it back to the dealer for repair under warranty. I've seen lots of cool race cars there and a Carrera GT. gocpt.com
Old 03-10-2016, 11:49 AM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4 Track Mind
Do yourself a favor and head to Chicago Performance and Tuning. Competent and honest. In 10+ years neither me nor my car has ever been screwed over. I have even brought a car there for diagnosis when the dealership couldn't figure out what the problem was and then brought it back to the dealer for repair under warranty. I've seen lots of cool race cars there and a Carrera GT. gocpt.com
Good to know, thanks.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:40 PM
caymannyc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bump for updates if any.

I'm looking for an indy for my 997 and I called PP and they quoted me $160/hour for labor, which is dealership level. Is this par for the course for Chicago-land indys?
Old 01-30-2017, 07:04 PM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by caymannyc
Bump for updates if any.

I'm looking for an indy for my 997 and I called PP and they quoted me $160/hour for labor, which is dealership level. Is this par for the course for Chicago-land indys?
unless you have air cooled or Turbo, PP doesn't think you have a real Porsche. Sol thinks a little high of himself in my opinion. But that's just me. Maybe I expect a little too much from people.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:23 PM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Another vote for Fischer

Rick is a standup guy. Does all the work on my 997.2C4S and my 996TT before that.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:28 PM
Tom Feldmann
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, that about sums up the vibe I got from PP as well. Sol is very particular about what he likes and what he's willing to talk to you about. Unless you've got a GT3, Turbo, or air-cooled you're probably not going to get much out of him. Tried calling over there numerous times for advice and got nowhere.

Took my car over to Rennology for an alignment. Owner (Richard Swann) there is a nice guy, drives a Porsche and runs with LAPS. Can talk shop with him all day.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:47 PM
caymannyc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Feldmann
Yeah, that about sums up the vibe I got from PP as well. Sol is very particular about what he likes and what he's willing to talk to you about. Unless you've got a GT3, Turbo, or air-cooled you're probably not going to get much out of him. Tried calling over there numerous times for advice and got nowhere.

Took my car over to Rennology for an alignment. Owner (Richard Swann) there is a nice guy, drives a Porsche and runs with LAPS. Can talk shop with him all day.

So is $160/hour basically a "I don't want to work with you but I will if you pay me an outrageous amount" statement?
Old 01-30-2017, 10:09 PM
msingh5649
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump for updates if any.

Fisher worked for me as well. I am in Naperville.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:29 AM
Tom Feldmann
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is $160/hour basically a "I don't want to work with you but I will if you pay me an outrageous amount" statement?
Dunno, could just be their rate I never got far enough to ask what their rate was.

Quick Reply: Trusted shop for 997 work in Chicago?