Sponsored by:

Anyone buy their 997.2 as demo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 02:33 PM
verboten
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone buy their 997.2 as demo?

How much less was purchase price from non-demo? For used 997.2, is market value less than non-demo cars?

The attached car is 2010 997.2 coupe.
Attached Images  
Old 03-03-2016, 07:46 PM
orange260z
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That's a VERY odd ownership record - the vehicle was in dealer inventory for almost 4 years and 15K miles?? And then changed hands 3 times in the next 9 months, with an additional 10K miles put on it?

Hmmmmm.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:15 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,642 Likes on 979 Posts

Originally Posted by orange260z
That's a VERY odd ownership record - the vehicle was in dealer inventory for almost 4 years and 15K miles?? And then changed hands 3 times in the next 9 months, with an additional 10K miles put on it?

Hmmmmm.
With regard to changing hands quickly...... this happens, I think, when a dealer moves the car around. It happened to my car as a dealer in one state moved it to another sister-dealership in another state. I don't know why a legal transaction was involved but it was. In these transfers, the owners were dealers.... I think the exact same one. Maybe there is a tax issue? Maybe some accounting maneuver for their books? Maybe two dealers traded some stock to match their local markets?

A sales rep at my local P-dealer said trading stock, cars that were traded in, are commonly moved around to other dealers. A Cadillac dealer receives a Porsche in trade in and sells or trades to the local P-dealer who can sell it faster/more money.... both take a slice.

I don't think that three month switch over represents something bad.... like there is something wrong with the car.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 03-04-2016, 10:47 AM
verboten
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing the dealer may have used the car for personal use. It was sent to auction, didn't sell and was brought back to dealer.

Another concern is 2 new tires at 3000 miles. I know tires go fast, but 3000 miles? Question is was the car tracked or hit something hard and damaged 2 wheels/tires?

Biggest concern, if car checks and I buy, when I go to sell how much of a financial impact will I take because of the storied Carfax when I go to sell a couple years from now? 0%, 10%, 30%,etc.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:31 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's no formula I am aware of. If you will put high miles on it I would not worry. History may affect how fast car sells privately rather than (or in addition to) $$$. You could always trade it back in to dealer for market value I would think. With an unusual prior life like this one get a good price check service records and CPO
Old 03-04-2016, 09:13 PM
orange260z
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
With regard to changing hands quickly...... this happens, I think, when a dealer moves the car around. It happened to my car as a dealer in one state moved it to another sister-dealership in another state. I don't know why a legal transaction was involved but it was. In these transfers, the owners were dealers.... I think the exact same one. Maybe there is a tax issue? Maybe some accounting maneuver for their books? Maybe two dealers traded some stock to match their local markets?

A sales rep at my local P-dealer said trading stock, cars that were traded in, are commonly moved around to other dealers. A Cadillac dealer receives a Porsche in trade in and sells or trades to the local P-dealer who can sell it faster/more money.... both take a slice.

I don't think that three month switch over represents something bad.... like there is something wrong with the car.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Bruce, my bigger concern was that it seemed to be in "dealer inventory" for the first 4 years - but like verboten said, maybe it was for the dealer's personal use.

Quick Reply: Anyone buy their 997.2 as demo?