Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear seat won't lock or latch. Drivers side. Fix?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 06:08 PM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Rear seat won't lock or latch. Drivers side. Fix?

I just realized that the rear drivers side rear seat won't lock and latch properly. It sounds like everything goes into place properly but it just won't stay locked. All the components appear to move properly but the latch just doesn't want to lock into place. Did a Google search and can't find any info on there.

Anyone familiar with this problem and how to fix?
Old 02-29-2016, 07:04 AM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

My rear passenger side one does this at times, especially after removing/reinstalling the rear seats during some DIY project in the back of the car. Not positive but thought the latch pin is fixed on the side of the car with a pretty big Torx bolt, no real adjustment there. But in the center of the car between the two rear folding seat backs is a mount that is adjustable. Remove the plastic cap in the center there and you will see it. Try loosening that center bolt, moving the seat backs a bit, and tightening it back up.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:45 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Happened to me on driver's side when reinstalling rear seats after track day. Took it out again, reinstalled and worked fine. I'm guessing something wasn't lined up correctly. The peg has a recessed ring in it if I remember correctly and might need to fit in a very specific spot in order to lock.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:40 PM
Astraelraen
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

I searched for quite some time on the internet and on the forums, my rear passenger seat has this problem and I can't see to find a way to fix or adjust it.

I played with the latch in the seat itself for quite some time and all the pieces seem to work the same as the driver's side (which does latch)

Does anyone have a diagram or tips on how to remove the rear seats? Maybe I will just take it out and put it back in.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7HecyffwCeSxU3SM6
Old 10-11-2018, 09:57 PM
Mike5070
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

The rear seat latch pin is not fixed and does have adjustment. Loosen it a bit then latch the seat. Unlatch and tighten and you should be good.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:14 PM
buddalun
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Bumping an old thread. I seem to be experiencing this issue but cannot determine how to loosen or adjust the folding seat. Any insight would be appreciated.

BL

Quick Reply: Rear seat won't lock or latch. Drivers side. Fix?