Sponsored by:

997.1 power windows question

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 06:10 PM
magicmachine
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.1 power windows question

Do all cars have 1 touch auto up/down option? Both sides? It seems like the switch is 2 step switch. Step 1 hold to up/down. Push it a bit harder nad it goes to step 2 but nothing happens... Should it completly close/open in step 2 without holding it? it is 06 Carrera S. Battery was disconected for replacement - maybe it needs reprogramming? Need this quick. Trying to get the dealer take care of few little things before I sign the papers.

I know but I don't have one yet...
Old 01-15-2016, 06:23 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

On the driver side you have full one touch up and down.

On the passenger side, it is one touch down, but for up you have to hold the button until the window is at least half way up before the remainder of it can be auto-closed by letting go of the switch. Thank the lawyers. It is there to reduce the chance of auto-closing a passenger's arm/hand in the window, especially a kid that might be slow to react.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:34 PM
magicmachine
Intermediate

Thank you for quick response. Can you briefly explain if there's a procedure to re-program the windows after battery was disconected to see if it actually work or maybe the switch is faulty. It is very simple on my mercedes so I would assume it would be fairly similar and quick on Porsche as well.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:08 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

There is a reset but only for it to relearn where the window's close point is so it can "index" correctly (slightly lower the window to avoid the seal) when the door handle is opened. Rather than say it in my words, here is the manual excerpt:

If the window switch isn't working in general, or if the auto up down feature isn't working in general, then there is a bigger problem. I believe the above is the only thing that can be reset.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:59 PM
magicmachine
Intermediate

Awesome! Thank you!

Quick Reply: 997.1 power windows question