Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Alexandrius
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess my point is wont non drilled last a short time period ?

I'm concerned that cheaper rotors will wear significantly faster, thus negating some of the benefit of their cheapness. I was wondering if anyone has any input on that.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:26 PM
targa996
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Porsche gets their rotors from Sebro and probably a couple of other german suppliers (not sure if Zimmerman is currently on that list). I've been running sebros for a while , including track day, no issues ...
Old 01-12-2016, 03:35 PM
Alexandrius
Pro

Originally Posted by targa996
Porsche gets their rotors from Sebro and probably a couple of other german suppliers (not sure if Zimmerman is currently on that list). I've been running sebros for a while , including track day, no issues ...
This is true but there are some differences. For example some don't come with dimples to estimate rotor thickness. I use a micrometer, but still I'm just saying there are differences despite being oe manufacturers.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:40 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexandrius
I guess my point is wont non drilled last a short time period ?

I'm concerned that cheaper rotors will wear significantly faster, thus negating some of the benefit of their cheapness. I was wondering if anyone has any input on that.
Agree on that point. It seems the experiences with the Sebro rotors are that they wear out equal to OEM and if there is a difference no one can really tell.

Cross Drilled vs Slotted rotors is a whole other debaet, sort of like which oil to use.....lol

Originally Posted by targa996
Thanks for the input.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:14 AM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You can make an argument that a slotted rotor will give you longer life than drilled because more than a few drilled rotors need replacement before they reach minimum thickness due to cracks. The Sebro slotted rotors just give you another affordable option.

Parts | Tech-Session | Facebook | Youtube

Jason Burkett
Paragon Products - Porsche Parts & Accessories*- 800.200.9366
Tech Session - Porsche Tech & Info*- 361.289.8834
jason@paragon-products.com
Old 01-13-2016, 10:03 AM
Alexandrius
Pro

Originally Posted by Jason @ Paragon Products
You can make an argument that a slotted rotor will give you longer life than drilled because more than a few drilled rotors need replacement before they reach minimum thickness due to cracks. The Sebro slotted rotors just give you another affordable option.
Yeah I could see that. I might want to go with a less abrasive pad (currently using PFC08...my rotors are literally wearing faster than pads)
Old 01-13-2016, 12:12 PM
alexaqui
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

With PFC08s I got 16 track days on my Porsche rotors with 24k miles on them (sure there were a few additional days from previous owners). Suncoast is actually cheaper than Pelican for the Porsche rotors.

My buddy with a 997 Turbo runs Sebros; he's had zero issues. He's also a clean freak and it looks just like stock (no rusting). They are holding up to his Pagid race pads just fine. Hard to beat for $110-120 per rotor...

The costs are so minimal for this item that you should just pick and go with it...
Old 01-13-2016, 12:17 PM
Alexandrius
Pro

Originally Posted by alexaqui
With PFC08s I got 16 track days on my Porsche rotors with 24k miles on them (sure there were a few additional days from previous owners). Suncoast is actually cheaper than Pelican for the Porsche rotors.

My buddy with a 997 Turbo runs Sebros; he's had zero issues. He's also a clean freak and it looks just like stock (no rusting). They are holding up to his Pagid race pads just fine. Hard to beat for $110-120 per rotor...

The costs are so minimal for this item that you should just pick and go with it...
Seriously ? Did you run out of thickness or did cracks get too extreme ?
Old 01-13-2016, 12:27 PM
alexaqui
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexandrius
Seriously ? Did you run out of thickness or did cracks get too extreme ?
It was a bit of both. By the end, I had some really bad cracks and a pretty big lip. It was the end of the season and I was preparing to sell the car, so I put in new rotors when I went back to new stock pads.

The stock rotors + PFC08s are in my opinion epic on track! I was out-braking with street tires (RE11) a lot of people.

Compared to other cars/brands, we have some really inexpensive options!

Quick Reply: Brake Rotors