Sponsored by:

Replacement OEM Porsche Crests for Center Caps

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 05:46 PM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Replacement OEM Porsche Crests for Center Caps

Looking for a source for replacement OEM Porsche Crests for my 997's center caps.

My wheels are those shown in my avatar (Fuchs Performance FP-1). They use billet caps that lay on top of the wheel, the same as 80's 911s, not like with current 997 wheels where the caps fit flush with the wheel. The Porsche crests fit into depressions in the caps. This 997.2 is a recent purchase. The colors on my crests are coming off, leaving just a gold crest underneath.

I would like to replace these crests with OEM cloisonné-type crests like on the hood, for durability. These center cap crests are smaller than the hood crest -- about 1 1/4 inch wide at the "shoulders". Wheel Enhancement tells me they are no longer available from Porsche.

So, for a 997 but not so much a 997 question. Hoping those of you who have owned earlier Porsches can recommend some good places to check.

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2015, 06:26 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Jastx
Looking for a source for replacement OEM Porsche Crests for my 997's center caps.

My wheels are those shown in my avatar (Fuchs Performance FP-1). They use billet caps that lay on top of the wheel, the same as 80's 911s, not like with current 997 wheels where the caps fit flush with the wheel. The Porsche crests fit into depressions in the caps. This 997.2 is a recent purchase. The colors on my crests are coming off, leaving just a gold crest underneath.

I would like to replace these crests with OEM cloisonné-type crests like on the hood, for durability. These center cap crests are smaller than the hood crest -- about 1 1/4 inch wide at the "shoulders". Wheel Enhancement tells me they are no longer available from Porsche.

So, for a 997 but not so much a 997 question. Hoping those of you who have owned earlier Porsches can recommend some good places to check.

Thanks!
You might try Ralph Booth or Eric at Bumper Plugs.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:55 AM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I realize this thread is over six months old however judging by the center caps in your avatar the crests are simply 356 hood handle crests. you can pick them up from any online Porsche part retailer. Here's one that's been media blasted down to the copper base metal:

Name:  Raw%20Cap%20Crests%202_zpsrvaaj0hk.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  84.2 KB

You can also have us customize a set for your wheels. Here's a set refinished and mounted on a set of Fuchs wheel caps (with a matching hood crest):

Name:  HoodFuchs4_zpsdjn0aune.jpg
Views: 2535
Size:  84.4 KB
Old 07-01-2016, 05:51 PM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Intrepidagent, thanks for your post. Appreciated!

I have not had a chance to replace my cap crests yet. The wheel cap on these Fuchs Performance wheels is the same as on the 80's 911. The crest is set into the cap, not surface-mounted. Wasn't sure from your photo if those were the same. The measurement was very helpful. Mine are that same size.

Last edited by Jastx; 07-01-2016 at 06:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Replacement OEM Porsche Crests for Center Caps