Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official hello and greetings from a new 997 owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 08:05 PM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks guys. I picked up the offending inner door bracket from the dealer this morning and fixed the wobbly drivers door handle. Hooked everything back up and no power windows/mirrors....nothing. Remembered I forgot to unhook the battery. So I did that and I guess it reset the ECU so it works fine. Priced out some Michelins....wow, they are not cheap. My TR tires run about $150 a corner. Nobody has them in stock and I still have some life in these so im gonna defer this until after the holidays. I also have a dead TPMS sensor on the rear left so I get the added bonus of having to look at a ghetto message on the display until new tire day. Read somewhere that you can disable the TPMS with a Duratech? I hate TPMS....thats what a good tire gauge is for. Rant over.

Thoughts; Beautiful evolution of the 911. Cumbersome NAV/Headunit. I need to sit down with the manual and go over what all the buttons do, sans the telephone and mail. I might get a SIM card out of a Wallmart burner phone just to activate the system. The 'sport mode?' on the shocks totally transforms the car into a track superstar. Wife wants to get me new floor mats for Christmas, I might go with beige or blue. I have blue mats in my Range Rover and it compliments the tan interior plus hides dirt better than beige.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:10 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by captainbaker
... The 'sport mode?' on the shocks totally transforms the car into a track superstar. Wife wants to get me new floor mats for Christmas, I might go with beige or blue. I have blue mats in my Range Rover and it compliments the tan interior plus hides dirt better than beige....
+997 on Sport button. Have you tried Sport+ yet?
There's a thread a while back with diff colored mats for beige interiors. I got cocoa. Hides dirt & adds a bit of contrast. Other colors posted, if you wish to get a preview.
Congrats on the new car.
T
Old 12-07-2015, 10:10 PM
SWO Daddy
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

Love the white! And that's quite a stable you have. Congrats.

Quick Reply: Official hello and greetings from a new 997 owner