Sponsored by:

EVO II Seat test - Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 03:30 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts
Default EVO II Seat test - Chicago

I've been scouring the local race shops hoping one of them had an EVO II (not EVO II US) on display or in one of their shop's cars for me to just sit in to test my fitment with no such luck. So I'm pinging several forums to see if anyone in the Chicago land area has an EVO II seat I can just sit in to see how it fits. It can be any car (pcar, bimmer, Vette, etc) just need to see if I fit in it.

I imagine this thread may get buried since its so specific. So apologies ahead of time if I ping it to rise it from the depths during the off season.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:33 AM
Supermode
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
I've been scouring the local race shops hoping one of them had an EVO II (not EVO II US) on display or in one of their shop's cars for me to just sit in to test my fitment with no such luck. So I'm pinging several forums to see if anyone in the Chicago land area has an EVO II seat I can just sit in to see how it fits. It can be any car (pcar, bimmer, Vette, etc) just need to see if I fit in it.

I imagine this thread may get buried since its so specific. So apologies ahead of time if I ping it to rise it from the depths during the off season.

Any help is appreciated.
Check out Nappleton Porsche in Westmont. They have an 05 C2S with them on I believe.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:00 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Gave them a ring and looks like the '05 C2S on the lot has the GT2 seats.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:32 PM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What about that place we went to in Elmhurst? With the guy with the Nogaro Blue 993 Turbo? They seem to have some racing seats on hand that you can test fit yourself in.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:54 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carmichael
What about that place we went to in Elmhurst? With the guy with the Nogaro Blue 993 Turbo? They seem to have some racing seats on hand that you can test fit yourself in.
G Design? Yeha I reached out to both Joey and Sol at Perfect Power.
Crickets so far but the search continues. There's still snow on the ground.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:17 PM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try LN Engineering/BRS in Momence. They're super helpful. The PCA Open House was a blast, and they have a ton of race cars in the building, so you can try out a variety of seats.

Thing is, it was about an hour drive south of Matteson for me. Would be a two hour drive for you, but Momence is a quaint little town, and the Bishop Ford seems to be rarely patrolled.

Quick Reply: EVO II Seat test - Chicago