Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 launch with Sport Buckets how hard to find?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 05:43 PM
marsirover
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice. So how the driving feel with the Tubi intake and exhaust added? I bet it should sound awesome? much more power?

I still enjoy the car as is. But probably will look for a paddle shift wheel and another set of wheels.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:50 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by marsirover
very nice. So how the driving feel with the Tubi intake and exhaust added? I bet it should sound awesome? much more power?

I still enjoy the car as is. But probably will look for a paddle shift wheel and another set of wheels.
the car pulls hard.... very tame, smooth and quiet around town but when you want to move it has lots of power and the Tubi sounds great!

I am selling some neat wheels/tires package if interest... see pic champion 20's monolite forged
Attached Images  
Old 02-01-2016, 08:02 PM
marsirover
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

send me some more pics of wheels and tires, would you.

Are the 20" wheels going to have a flatter tires to go with? it's going to be a rough ride then. Why you sellling them?
Old 02-27-2016, 05:06 PM
TM_Corey
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, so I'm confused.

My MY10 has launch. So they were a "special edition" or special package car and not just an option or the "norm" for PDK cars?

Were all 2010 Launch C2S's Meteor Gray?
Old 02-27-2016, 05:14 PM
Cysco
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TM_Corey
Ok, so I'm confused.

My MY10 has launch. So they were a "special edition" or special package car and not just an option or the "norm" for PDK cars?

Were all 2010 Launch C2S's Meteor Gray?
"Launch Cars" have nothing to do with launch control.

When Porsche releases a new version of a car (in this case the 997.2) They will often make a highly optioned example to send to the majority of their dealers to use as showcase pieces in their showrooms. Hence the term "Launch Car" (as in launch of a new model). They were not usually available to test drive and were meant to be the beauty queen that got people excited about the new model. These cars for the most part had an identical specs.

It's basically Porsche's way of saying check out all the cool new stuff you can get in our new car.

In the case of the 997.2, the C4S launch car consisted of Meteor Gray paint, PDK, Sport PASM, Full leather, and of course the crazy GT2 carbon fiber seats.

Meteor gray was an available color to order for any 911 so it's possible to have a 2009 C4S in Meteor Gray that is not a launch car. But, all C4S launch cars were Meteor Gray.

It's also possible today to find a car that was a launch car that doesn't have the GT2 seats as many people have switched them out over the years.

Other than the nice options, a launch car isn't specifically special. It just represents what Porsche considered the coolest options available at the time.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:40 PM
TM_Corey
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got it, so Launch as in "Launching off of the new series".
Old 02-27-2016, 10:47 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by marsirover
send me some more pics of wheels and tires, would you.

Are the 20" wheels going to have a flatter tires to go with? it's going to be a rough ride then. Why you sellling them?
Sorry missed this. Yes it's a wheel and tire package. Really a great deal, new 8k range. Will take 2,650..
Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2016, 10:37 AM
Cysco
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Sorry missed this. Yes it's a wheel and tire package. Really a great deal, new 8k range. Will take 2,650..
Man Mickfluff, Every time I see you post a photo of your car I think it's one of the best looking 997's out there. Truly beautiful. Do you detail the car yourself or does someone else apply "super magic perfect mirror finish goop" to it daily?

Oh, and those wheels are awesome. Would look great on a meteor gray car.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:39 AM
david-nyc
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Reluctantly selling my 997.2 Lauch Edition. I love, love, love this car, but I live in Manhattan and never have time to drive, plus it's a second car (keeping even one car in NYC is hard to justify, two is crazier still). 14,300 miles, meteor grey, sport bucket seats, and all of the other options associated with the launch cars. I just listed in on the classifieds, don't hesitate to reach out if you want to know more, anybody.

Quick Reply: 997.2 launch with Sport Buckets how hard to find?