Sponsored by:

Air Filter Change

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 02:18 PM
tomc66
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Air Filter Change

Changed the air filters on my 4S 3.8 Porsche today. The instructions on this forum said to remove the two vacuum lines and electrical connection that are attached to the right side of the air filter housing. I found that this connection can be easily removed by pushing down on the front top of the connection. The connection will then slide out of the air cleaner housing without having to remove the two vacuum lines and electrical connection.
There are eight screws holding the air filter housing in place. Be careful to not drop any of the screws as they will enter a black hole to be never seen again. I used a magnet to remove the screws after loosen then with a #25 torx driver.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:28 PM
yvesvidal
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 70 Posts

It is so much easier to remove the electrical connections and disconnect the little rubber hose than going through all these contortions.... in my humble opinion.

Yves
Old 09-08-2015, 11:24 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,245 Likes on 801 Posts
Default Air Filter Change

I started with the hoses ... they did not cooperate. The clip to remove everything, when pressed just right, is really easy. Stress on ... when done just right.

Quick Reply: Air Filter Change