Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2S in Cary

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 12:47 PM
gr1275
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mroadie, Those mods are pretty cool although I suspect there're likely the reason there is no CPO.
As for the PPI, pick a shop that can give you a DME report and can explain it's results (along with all the routine PPI "stuff"). Other than the dealer in Durham, the only Indy I know that has the equipment to do this is Brad Moyer at Digital Chassis. However, European along with Cam Ingram's shop on Page Rd may the equipment as well.
Good luck,
Gary
Old 09-09-2015, 01:05 PM
gopirates
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

For a Raleigh PPI, you can also call Kanon Best at 919-878-0788. They are one of the best P-car Indy folks in town.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:09 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

its got alot of extras, but its probibly been pushed to the max regularly also
Old 09-09-2015, 03:09 PM
mroadie65
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the PPI recommendations. I will be relocating back to CA in a few weeks so I might just wait until I get there to pick one up...more choices that's for sure. I wanted to take advantage of the low sales tax here in Raleigh, main reason I started looking, but inventory for a late model 997.1S let alone an early 997.2 is limited. If a deal I can't refuse presents itself between now and the time I leave, I could possibly be roadtrippin' it across I-40 back to Cali.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:09 PM
gr1275
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mroadie, before you bail, reach out to Tom Roos @ Performance to see what he might be able to find for you.
gopirates, Kanon has serviced our air cooled cars since he opened. I didn't realize he had the equipment to read the DME... good to know.That being the case, he would be another excellent source for a PPI and service for these cars.

Gary
Old 09-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

Mroadie65, you've discovered why I wound up buying my car in New Jersey instead of Raleigh. There just aren't enough Porsche dealers nearby to generate a good supply of used cars from which to choose.

Broadening your search out to metropolitan areas where there are several dealers not only gives you a larger selection, it also creates an atmosphere of competition. The end result is that you are not only more likely to find what you want, but you are more likely to have more negotiating power.

When I started shopping, I knew I would have my car serviced at a dealer locally (at least while it was under warranty). I shopped at Leith and Performance first, just to give them the opportunity to find what I wanted. Leith's sales department was almost as bad as their service and Performance just didn't have what I wanted. Fayetteville's store was a dump and they didn't have any acceptable cars and Charlotte was just too far away.

In fact, a salesman at Leith told a client of mine that since they were the only Porsche store in town, they didn't have to negotiate. Unfortunately, there are enough laydowns buying Porsches around here that he was almost right. Apparently, most of their buyers never even cross-shop other dealers and have no willingness to travel any distance to get a car.

I found that the best inventories and prices seemed to be clustered around NY/NJ, Southern Florida, a couple cities in Texas and a couple cities in California.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:12 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 300 Likes on 177 Posts

I bought my car from Leith. I wasn't happy with them. They screwed up the clearbra while prepping it after we had a deal.
The tech that screwed it up just slapped it back on with dirty water and all under the clear bra.

Manager came out to make it right and ended up discoloring the clear bra. Took lots of calls and emails to get them to pay for new clear bra on the bumper. They did, but it was like pulling teeth.

A few months later I noticed a ripple in the paint on the rear bumper (not a big deal since it's just in the clear but it was obviously touched up). They either saw it and didn't disclose it or never saw it.

Tires, brakes, air filters etc etc barely passed CPO. I'm guessing they try to spend nothing reconditioning cars.

Price was good and I do my own maintenance so no big deal but dont trust a thing they say. That's from my limited experience with them.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:17 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 95 Posts

hmmmm... the RS wing

Quick Reply: 997.2S in Cary