Sponsored by:

Pipesize OEM exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 04:35 PM
HolmaN
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pipesize OEM exhaust

What's the pipe size on a regular 2006 997.1 carrera?
Did try to find some information, but typing in "997 oem exhaust size" on google still only gave aftermarket stainless systems.

I concider getting aftermarket end pipes for my car, but feel like a waste to order the wrong size.

Thanks for the information in advice!
With regards, Jonathan.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Is it the internal or external diameter that you are looking for. Or maybe the length? If I had a 2006 I'd grab my calipers and go measure all of these but I don't - sorry. If you don't want to wait for replies you might want to send Dan at Sharkwerks an EMAIL and ask him (I don't have the EMAIL address handy but I am sure it is on their website). He might have a pretty good idea of the OEM sizes as aftermarket pipes would have to be compatible. In fact, about anyone who sells aftermarket pipes would have a good idea of OEM sizes. Best of luck!!!
Old 08-18-2015, 04:51 PM
HolmaN
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking to add something like this to my car: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-out...432585988.html

It's currently at the workshop for fister mod. So can't go meassure it myself I'm affraid.
But I'm not sure what size to buy, if they'll even fit, or if it's plug and play on a 997.
The last piece of the exhaust might not even be round. I'm not sure about anything.

Has anyone done something similar? What did you have to do to make it fit.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:20 PM
jc9elfer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I could help, but I have been looking at the same issue. With the 997.1 the "shape" of the bumper where the exhaust comes out is a bit of an odd shape. I am concerned that the aftermarket part may not fill in the entire space and look awkward so I am looking for the entire diameter of the aftermarket pieces as well to determine the most appropriate look/fit.
sorry can't help, but feel you need.

Quick Reply: Pipesize OEM exhaust