Sponsored by:

Side Skirt Installation Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 05:25 PM
camhabib
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Skirt Installation Question

So the side skirts on my 997.2 C4S have been needing some love for a while now and I finally decided to remove them to replace one or two broken clips and give them a good clean. Once I got them off, I noticed that a couple of the clips had actually broken off inside the body (the stem part separated from the bottom clip). I have two questions:

1) Is there any easy way to get at that chamber to be able to remove the broken clips? The "chamber" I'm talking about is essentially whatever is above the region that the side skirts cover. Will they just come out naturally or are they stuck in there until I remove them?

2) Does anyone know the part number for those clips? I obviously need to order a few more and would rather go in with the number in hand than have to try and explain what I need.

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2015, 05:30 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

tell them what you want and let them look it up. If somebody gives you the wrong # it will be your fault if they dont work. Always let the dealer look up parts.
theres a black rubber reciever and the white clip, if its broke off you can push the old part thru or pull it out, theres no way to get in the body.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:36 PM
camhabib
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OKB
tell them what you want and let them look it up. If somebody gives you the wrong # it will be your fault if they dont work. Always let the dealer look up parts.
theres a black rubber reciever and the white clip, if its broke off you can push the old part thru or pull it out, theres no way to get in the body.
Thanks for the reply. I usually just have them look it up for me, but like to have the part number on hand just to verify we're on the same page.

The clips on mine are completely black and hard plastic - there's no white or rubber on them. Just to verify, I'm talking about the part that's underneath the door jam.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:31 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

yes I know the rocker, the clips may be black, I was thinking white. theres a rubber reciever or oring with them too. And they may be stuck on the car.

Quick Reply: Side Skirt Installation Question