Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 vs 997.2 oil filler tube

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 10:09 AM
patriot993
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

RussV60 - based on what the indy who serviced my car for the previous owner, the TPMS were all replaced at 11K miles.

Sure wish I had stumbled across your car last November...I am jealous ;-) Though at that timeframe my M5 was pretty new to me so I was probably not thinking too much about a 911 at that time (was distracted)
Old 07-16-2015, 08:36 PM
RussV60
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

patriot993 - I was very lucky. I had been looking at cars around the country but didn't have a good plan on getting them inspected / shipped if I did pull the trigger. I was hesitant to go much further North due to salt in the winter (not really any way to know if it was driven in snow / salt). So bumping into this car 12 miles from home with all the service records, etc. was an omen so I made an offer on the spot. The previous owner put new tires on about 1K before I bought it and I wish he had done the TPMS at that point but he might not have had an issue. I have lost both driver side sensors now. I will keep checking the tires until I can get it in for service.

dasams - thanks for the advice. I will check my manual on the recommended tire pressures. I am a big guy and I do drive fast so maybe something in between will be right.

Quick Reply: 997.1 vs 997.2 oil filler tube