Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Value of repainted car..

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015 | 02:38 PM
Michael15
Instructor

Originally Posted by gpjli2
I can't believe this thread goes on and on and I see no mention of what this car is, how old it is, mileage and cost. Just sayin.....?

Btw, love the jumper but have no idea what he is trying to say
The car is still for sale so I'll leave it up to the seller to disclose the issues. I'm just very glad I invested in a good PPI.

Last edited by Michael15; 05-17-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-04-2017 | 03:28 AM
vargas
Instructor

This post actually had the information I was looking for. Not to hijack, but it was relevant to my experience with my 997.1 Turbo, w/ black paint. I'm the 2nd owner of this vehicle and today I brought it in to a reputable paint correction shop where they took initial measurements on the paint and it was consistently @ 2.8-3.2 mils all around. VERY LOW! I was already aware that these cars have a very soft coat but was looking to see what is the actual coating when delivered new? This post showed a gentleman having 4 on his paint prior to the correction, which seems to make sense since my vehicle has had about 2-3 corrections over these last few years from the 1st owner (as was also suggested by the shop I went to today). I am going with the ceramic finish once they are able to complete their 2-stage paint correction (and yes, they feel confident that there is still enough clear coat / finish for another and hopefully final paint correction). However, no sanding of the paint is recommended for a few of the deeper scratches on the car. So for anyone going through a paint correction on their 997...this should provide helpful info!

Quick Reply: Value of repainted car..