Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Mats - Interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015 | 05:30 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Default Track Mats - Interior

Does anyone have an alternative for floor mats when you are at the track or autocrossing?

These are an option but I'm looking for something less expensive if they are out there, if not I may just pony up.

http://www.rennline.com/Track-Mat-Dr...ductinfo/TM07/

I like a clean car and running at the track with no mats can kill the interior carpet.

Does anyone know if that carpet protector clear sticky stuff used on reg house carpet is allowed at the track?
Old 05-11-2015 | 05:57 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Your worried about something less expensive than $125? That's 30 minutes of fuel at the track.
I don't like anything extra under my feet at the track. Allowed or not.
2oo kph? Not a time for fidgeting. Killing the carpet will not be the issue.

Last edited by BIG smoke; 05-11-2015 at 06:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-11-2015 | 06:18 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BIG smoke
Your worried about somersetting less expensive than $125? That's 30 minutes of fuel at the track.
I don't like anything extra under my feet at the track. Allowed or not.
2oo kph? Not a time for fidgeting. Killing the carpet will not be the issue.
$250 for two. Yes, I think that's a lot of money for something I'll use less than 10 times a year. You must have more money than I do. That must be it since you are spending $125 in gas for 30min. I only used half a tank of gas in 60min and that probaby costs be around $25. You must also be a better driver than me since you are probably going faster and burning even more gas.

The rennline mats were designed for the track so you don't have to fidget with anything at speed
Old 05-11-2015 | 06:29 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Better driver. No, I'm not. I guess it would depend on the track though. And how long you're out for your run. Its been a while, but my little group could be out for 30-40 minute sessions.
Designed for the track, then sure go for it.
But do you need both sides? It's just going to be the drivers side getting the beating.
IF you had a passenger would they not like carpet to dig into?
Old 05-11-2015 | 07:18 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

So the main point of this post was to see if anyone uses something similar to the rennline aluminum mats for the track?

Im looking for driver and passenger side as I take people out for hot laps and also ask for additional feedback from other drivers and instructors. It's a constant learning process for me
Old 05-12-2015 | 01:41 AM
Alexandrius
Pro

metal plate that has even the slightest possibility of sliding under a pedal or at the very least coming loose in a crash and decapitating me.

yeah I will just get my carpet dirty and get it professionally cleaned one day if I sell the car.

I think if you can imagine in your head approaching a fast turn with little to no runoff at around 135 mph and you all of a sudden notice you can't press the brake pedal all the way...then you are in the same state of mind I am when I see these. I don't care how it's anchored it isn't safe in my opinion. I say this just using my own "common sense" or instinctual feel for the product.

Also, I would like to add i've literally drenched the inside of my car at TWS with mud and water etc. (literally the worst it could probably get dirty wise) and it cleaned up just fine. I mean it literally looks like a new car still.
Old 05-12-2015 | 09:02 AM
Spinout
Burning Brakes

I had a nice set made a local metal fab shop for under $100 pair.

https://rennlist.com/forums/performa...their-own.html

Quick Reply: Track Mats - Interior