Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another new suspension question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 03:48 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts
Default Another new suspension question.

I've done thorough research for installing the Eibach springs on my PASM equipped GTS while retaining the OEM dampers. However, I recently came across a thread that led me to believe I may need new spring seats and perhaps other PASM strut assembly parts for the Eibach's to fit. I'll need to confirm this before moving forward. The springs I am using are the "Eibach 7217.140 Pro-Kit".

Can anyone who has installed the Eibach springs confirm or refute this finding? Will I need new, different parts from the OEM US version PASM strut assembly for the Eibach's to fit or will it be peaches and cream if I simply swap the springs?

Last edited by nwGTS; 05-06-2015 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Added Eibach Part Number
Old 05-06-2015, 06:37 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

did you look at H&R
Old 05-06-2015, 06:47 PM
AWay
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 74 Posts

Will be peachy keen as is with stock parts. No need for additional items.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:13 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

You can do just the spring swap.

If the drop is a lot make sure you suspension geometry stay with in spec...such as the rear toe arms being parallel to the ground and not starting to angle.

You might want to look into just getting Sport PASM spring from Porsche. The drop is not too much and will keep everything with in spec.

Honestly the best way is to just swap out the coiler for something like Bilstein B16 Damptronics. This keep PASM working and ride height is fully adjustable and the shocks are built for different ride heights.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:47 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
You can do just the spring swap.

If the drop is a lot make sure you suspension geometry stay with in spec...such as the rear toe arms being parallel to the ground and not starting to angle.

You might want to look into just getting Sport PASM spring from Porsche. The drop is not too much and will keep everything with in spec.

Honestly the best way is to just swap out the coiler for something like Bilstein B16 Damptronics. This keep PASM working and ride height is fully adjustable and the shocks are built for different ride heights.

Thanks for the info, all.
mdrums, I'm also installing adjustable rear toe links, GT3 sway bars, adjustable drop links, adjustable rear upper camber arms, monoballs in the OEM LCAs, front camber plates and rear monoball shock mounts. Next year I plan to get either the damptronics and/or possibly the DSC. I'll autocross this year and possibly do a DE but want a more aggressive street setup. Honestly, I would have gone with a GT3 but need the rear seats and living in downtown Chicago a GT3 would have been unbearable on these streets.

Last edited by nwGTS; 05-07-2015 at 01:10 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:55 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

^^^ nice...you'll enjoy it!!!
Old 05-07-2015, 03:31 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 198 Posts

I just installed GT3 LCA's on my car and my tech advised against Monoballs on a street driven car. He said the car will really take a beating and he had a customer's GTS in the shop that the PO had gone full monoball and the frame was showing signs of stress.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:41 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
I just installed GT3 LCA's on my car and my tech advised against Monoballs on a street driven car. He said the car will really take a beating and he had a customer's GTS in the shop that the PO had gone full monoball and the frame was showing signs of stress.
Interesting. I had heard that monoballs might be too much and that is exactly why I was not going with the RSS LCAs. Actually, truth be told I'm on the fence with the monoballs. One wrong pothole and I could really do some damage to the suspension without at least some bushings. I was also on the fence about the camber arms but am getting a full set of RSS for the rears for peanuts and elected to do. A lot of trade offs to consider between handing and driveability. It's not my DD and is just a weekend car which means I can be a bit more aggressive than most.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:11 AM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude, Chicago may as well have been rained on with cluster munitions. Potholes and frost heaves everywhere!

I backed my PSS10s out to full soft and it's still pretty harsh out there. I'd like to start buying suspension goodies for the car, but I'm still researching what parts I really want, and whether they can hold up to our ****ty streets.

By the way, I never saw you at Supercar Saturdays.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:43 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carmichael
Dude, Chicago may as well have been rained on with cluster munitions. Potholes and frost heaves everywhere!

I backed my PSS10s out to full soft and it's still pretty harsh out there. I'd like to start buying suspension goodies for the car, but I'm still researching what parts I really want, and whether they can hold up to our ****ty streets.

By the way, I never saw you at Supercar Saturdays.
I've started a Google Map with streets to avoid downtown. As of now it looks like a Google traffic map at 5:30pm. haha.

I was there from about 8a to 10a. I actually thought I saw you roll in at just before 10a as I was leaving the lot. When were you there? Also, arriving at 8a didn't get me into the main strip. I had to park in the large lot. So, definitely getting there around 7:30 from now on.

The one thing that annoyed me was that most of the owners didn't stick around their cars so I couldn't talk to any of them about their rides. Obviously they were checking out every other car but that's not a problem at smaller shows and why I didn't stick around longer.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:42 PM
AWay
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 74 Posts

I have went monoball on front LCA and full in rear. (LCA, dog bones, toe link) Nary a difference in harshness in ride quality but sublime feel and feedback. Suspension probably helps too.

New GT4 has full mono on suspension I believe.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:37 PM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
I've started a Google Map with streets to avoid downtown. As of now it looks like a Google traffic map at 5:30pm. haha.

I was there from about 8a to 10a. I actually thought I saw you roll in at just before 10a as I was leaving the lot. When were you there? Also, arriving at 8a didn't get me into the main strip. I had to park in the large lot. So, definitely getting there around 7:30 from now on.

The one thing that annoyed me was that most of the owners didn't stick around their cars so I couldn't talk to any of them about their rides. Obviously they were checking out every other car but that's not a problem at smaller shows and why I didn't stick around longer.
Damn, I rolled in around 9. Well, there's always Coffee and Classics, eh?
Old 05-07-2015, 07:14 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carmichael
Damn, I rolled in around 9. Well, there's always Coffee and Classics, eh?
Let's get in touch before hand next time. I'd love to get a rundown of your technical mods. I'll be at the Fuelfed Spontaneous Combustion event next Thursday and also the Rise and Drive event next Sunday too. And yes also the C&C in Winetka at the end of May.

Quick Reply: Another new suspension question.