Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dentist + Taxes + Left-lane-hog + 997.2S = Great day!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 01:13 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Default Dentist + Taxes + Left-lane-hog + 997.2S = Great day!

Went to post office to send Uncle Sam a big a$$ check. Went to the dentist. Got stuck behind a jackass in their Prius, obliviously hogging the left (passing) lane. Crappy day? Not when you're doing all of these in your dream car. Don't let the tax man get you down my 997 brothers and sisters. Enjoy those great cars….T
Old 04-15-2015, 01:26 PM
Nova997
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
Went to post office to send Uncle Sam a big a$$ check. Went to the dentist. Got stuck behind a jackass in their Prius, obliviously hogging the left (passing) lane. Crappy day? Not when you're doing all of these in your dream car. Don't let the tax man get you down my 997 brothers and sisters. Enjoy those great cars….T
I feel (felt) your pain with Uncle Sam. But I rescheduled my appointment with the dentist so I could instead go to this Saturday's CPA-PCA Porsche only swap meet in Hershey, Pa. The weather forecast calls for sun and temperature in the middle 70s (which is enough to make me forget about the check I just wrote out).
Old 04-15-2015, 01:32 PM
IX XI
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I'll be sending Uncle Sam my big a$$ check today. NOT fun. I'll need a good, long ride afterward to set things right again!
Old 04-15-2015, 01:42 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 926 Posts

I just sent my check. It was shockingly painful, but it's done. Maybe I need to get out and drive the 997 TT for a little relief...
Old 04-15-2015, 01:53 PM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

Nice spirit, folks!

Do it! Sneak away from work early, and drive your Porsche! Think of it as your personal middle finger to the government. Spring is here (most places in US), & life is good. Then get back to work, 'cause someone's gotta make that money back.
T
Old 04-15-2015, 02:53 PM
jeffrec
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you say $130K in federal tax via payroll, $30K in deductions, and another $20K check today
to Uncle Sham!!! Thank you Obama. I feel your pain and then some. The topper was my wife backed her 2015 Macan S into a work truck at Starbucks yesterday and bent her lift gate. I guess she should have had her coffee first. Oh and did I say that I am seeing my dentist on Friday afternoon as well!!!
Old 04-15-2015, 03:30 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 159 Posts

Tax day

Oh and dentist on Friday as well.
I'll be cash poor for a while.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:46 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 231 Likes on 142 Posts

to Uncle Sham!!! Thank you Obama.
Look, its fine to rant and the whole get off my lawn thing .....but consider this.....you drive on federal highways, you eat federal inspected food...beef, produce, eggs...all kinds of stuff, you get weather prediction and monitoring from the NWS that uses radiosondes and satellite networks to watch the weather and let you plan accordingly, you take FDA approved drugs to be sure that they have been tested and certified, you fly on airplanes that are guided to and from their destinations from FAA navigational and ATC systems that keep you safe...long rage radars, short range radars, ground radars, TCAS, TDWR, VOR, DME...safer than driving, you use GPS everyday...and so does your cell phone system for free timing services.....all these things and more you and everyone in here use every day. All this stuff needs to be maintained, updated, and calibrated. It also has to be paid for, and these and other systems were put in place LONG before Obama was president and do you really want all that turned off?
Old 04-15-2015, 03:53 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Maybe I need to get out and drive the 997 TT for a little relief...
It works better than a beer
Old 04-15-2015, 04:03 PM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I already spent my refund on a set of wheels and tires, heh.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:21 PM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DC911S
Look, its fine to rant and the whole get off my lawn thing .....but consider this.....you drive on federal highways, you eat federal inspected food…... LONG before Obama was president and do you really want all that turned off?
Are you defending the tax man on April 15th?!? Very brave.
But, save it for tomorrow!

Tomorrow we can reflect on the upside of living in America, today we grumble & decompress in our Porsches…T
Old 04-15-2015, 04:22 PM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carmichael
I already spent my refund on a set of wheels and tires, heh.
Refund?!? I have heard rumors of this thing you call a refund, but as of yet, they, like unicorns, are unsubstantiated rumors IMO…T
Old 04-15-2015, 04:26 PM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jeffrec
Can you say $130K in federal tax via payroll, $30K in deductions, and another $20K check today
to Uncle Sham!!! Thank you Obama. I feel your pain and then some. The topper was my wife backed her 2015 Macan S into a work truck at Starbucks yesterday and bent her lift gate. I guess she should have had her coffee first. Oh and did I say that I am seeing my dentist on Friday afternoon as well!!!
Wow. You got me beat. Jeff, I implore you, get in your 911 and enjoy a romp on the back roads. I almost scheduled my colonoscopy for Tax Day, but….well, fill in your own joke.
T
Old 04-15-2015, 04:49 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 926 Posts

I have absolutely no desire to turn this into a political thread or to argue about the need or lack thereof for federal income taxes. That being said, I do believe that our current system needs to be reformed. It's complicated and it's not fair. I don't think we will ever have a system that everyone considers fair, but I think we can simplify it a great deal and we can move closer to "fairness", whatever that is.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:16 PM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffrec
Our numbers are like clones, but at least we had no accidents and I don't have to go to the dentist for another month.

Quick Reply: Dentist + Taxes + Left-lane-hog + 997.2S = Great day!