Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone tried Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 s?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 08:12 PM
rs10
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Anyone tried Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 s?

I'm really quite surprised to see no virtually no mention of this tire here given all the European tire tests it's won. (I found 16 tests from 2011 on, with 5 firsts, 4 seconds, 4 thirds, and 3 fourths.) But while it's on top of my list so far, it's not perfect, and there are some things that concern me about using it on a Porsche. So I'd be very interested in the findings of any forum members who've tried this current, second generation F1 Asymmetric!

Apologies now for any redundancy - I posted a similar thread on the 996 forum, as I have a 996. But these are not available in the most common 996 sizes, so I thought it might make more sense to post my questions here.

I'm particular interested in how it measures up in several areas: (1) steering response, precision, and feedback; (2) nimbleness; (3) turn in; (4)whether it increases/decreases understeer and when; and (5) aquaplaning.

For those of you who have tried these, could you mention in your post which car you have (997.1 C2, 997.2 C4 Cabrio, etc.) and which wheel sizes? And also, if you had other tires before or after, what they were?

(P.S. I'm interested in other recommendations, of couse, but perhaps it's helpful to mention that quite a few otherwise likely suspects are not relevant for me: Not MPSS's nor anything equally or more track oriented, the ever popular (on this forum) Sumitomos aren't even sold in Europe, Hankooks and Bridgestones are not what I need, I'm reluctant to have another bad experience with P Zeros (even if on paper they are what I need, and much though I love Pirelli winter tires), and neither any relevant Dunlop nor CSC5's or 5P's are available in the sizes I need. What remain on my list are several N tires CSC2's CSC3's, and MPS2's - and maybe the Falken FK 453, Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta, and Toyo Proxes T1 sport. The Goodyears seem more like what I need, but based on quite incomplete info, hence this thread.)

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2015, 10:40 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 396 Likes on 271 Posts

The Eagle F1 was standard issue on the Vette C6 but no more. Michelin is now GM's top choice, appearing in later years C6 and now on the C7 and the latest Z06.

Quick Reply: Anyone tried Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 s?