Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 Aerokit Front Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015 | 02:59 PM
Naks
Intermediate

Default 997.1 Aerokit Front Spoiler

Hello everyone. I love the look of the aerokit front bumper but I'm not too crazy about the rear wing.

My concern is what's mentioned on SuncoastPart's website:
Reduces ground clearance and maximum approach angle on gradients. Porsche does not recommend installing this bumper without adding a rear spoiler.

I'm sure you've heard this question asked plenty of times, but my search for a definitive answer has been unsuccessful. Is there a thin front spoiler lip you can use with the aerokit bumper that wont affect clearance as much?

I know for the most part, I wont be reaching speeds where I should necessarily be concerned about the aerodynamic "imbalance" of having the front spoiler without the rear wing. My main concern is ground clearance and scraping. I came from a lowered E46 M3 on PSS9's and that was just a pain at times with speed bumps etc.
Old 04-01-2015 | 03:50 PM
JCD911S
Racer

As with any low clearance vehicle, you gotta do the angled approach. Of course, things get worse when you lower the suspension too. I scraped the front a lot with the front aero kit, especially after installing H&R springs. I needed up keeping a spare lip to swap out once the old one was too beat up. I now have a Misha front which sits even lower, so I intentionally avoid steep driveways, even if it means parking on the street for short periods. I looked into the air lift system which raises the front a few inches when needed, but the kits costs way too much.
Old 04-01-2015 | 07:27 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Default 997.1 Aerokit Front Spoiler

There sure is. Get the GTS lip. It sits about an inch higher, costs I think around three hundo on SunCoast and is easily repairable. I repaired mine with some sanding and SEM trim black paint in an afternoon. It comes off in thirty seconds and goes back on the car just as quickly with just two pull tabs.

But the aero front is just as easy to repair if you scrape. I wouldn't worry about scraping the front lip honestly. Porsche made those parts expendable and relatively inexpensive to repair and replace.

Quick Reply: 997.1 Aerokit Front Spoiler