Sponsored by:

Multi-function Wheel to Paddle Shifter Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 12:21 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Multi-function Wheel to Paddle Shifter Wheel

Have you gone from a multi-function steering wheel to the Porsche Paddle Shifter wheel?

If so, what happens to the PCM setting where you can select what one of the steering wheel buttons can do? Does it just stay active on the PCM?
Old 03-24-2015, 04:57 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

I expect you'll need to take it in and have it recoded to disable the multi function features.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:27 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
I expect you'll need to take it in and have it recoded to disable the multi function features.
I see where you are coming from with that logic. However, I'm assuming nothing would happen. You change what the button does on the PCM but it has no effect because the button is gone.

I guess I'll find out in a couple of days. I paid a $1k for a steering wheel I'm on the fence about. I have multi-function and always thought it was great, but in the Porsche I only use it for volume. It bothers me that you can't flip through your radio presets.

I'll admit, I bought the wheel because I like how it looks. The paddles are cool, but I'm not sure how often I'll use them. However, the standard PDK wheel doesn't look so bad to me.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:37 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 582 Likes on 349 Posts

you MAY (not 100% certain) need to have the steering control module coded to activiate horn/airbag of new steering wheel

Quick Reply: Multi-function Wheel to Paddle Shifter Wheel