Sponsored by:

PSE vs Agency Power and other Aftermarket Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 12:02 AM
SJP3003
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts
Default PSE vs Agency Power and other Aftermarket Exhausts

A few months ago I purchased AP mufflers for my '06 997S from a fellow Rennlister. I just had them dealer installed together with an X51 kit. The performance gains are noticeable, but the sound may be too loud/obnoxious inside the cabin in low speed traffic for my taste. Once underway(above 30 mph) it sounds great.

I'm now wondering whether to get the PSE instead...how does PSE compare to the stock exhaust in PSE's "quiet" mode? How does the PSE sound vs AP and other aftermarket exhausts in "Sport" mode? Is it noticeably louder than the "quiet" mode?
Old 03-20-2015, 10:29 AM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

could be the AP are burned out, they are used, and now you have used them. No telling how old they are. I had a couple different exhaust, and found the AP the quieter, lower tone and best sound. i dont think youre going to get any quieter unless you get new ap mufflers or a stock muffler
Are you using a cat or all open pipes and one muffler
Old 03-20-2015, 12:06 PM
SJP3003
Rennlist Member

Thanks, good to know the AP's are quieter than most. These AP's are actually brand new. A fellow Rennlister had bought but never installed them.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:27 AM
s4alex
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was pretty close to getting the AP exhaust. Cheap and supposedly good sounds and gains.

BUT, from doing much research, I read many horror stories regarding customer service and fitting. Kinda scared me.

As far as X51, I am surprised you didn't order it with PSE. The PSE option is only like $1000 more right? Even if you didn't want it, you could have sold the PSE to another owner for a little profit and gotten the exhaust you wanted for cheaper with the profit you got from the PSE sale.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:31 AM
SJP3003
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by s4alex
I was pretty close to getting the AP exhaust. Cheap and supposedly good sounds and gains.

BUT, from doing much research, I read many horror stories regarding customer service and fitting. Kinda scared me.

As far as X51, I am surprised you didn't order it with PSE. The PSE option is only like $1000 more right? Even if you didn't want it, you could have sold the PSE to another owner for a little profit and gotten the exhaust you wanted for cheaper with the profit you got from the PSE sale.
The PSE option here (Dominican Republic) was over $3K more with the X51 kit...and I had the AP's on hand that I'd bought before considering the X51. I figured I'd get the PSE separately if the AP's didn't work out. While certainly not cheap, fortunately shop time here is less than the US and the quality of the work is good.

Quick Reply: PSE vs Agency Power and other Aftermarket Exhausts