Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Panel Decals / Badges

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015 | 03:26 PM
jcourtney997
Advanced

Default Door Panel Decals / Badges

It sounds like the minimalist will win this discussion but any favorable opinions on the more subtle door panel decals?

I went ahead and ordered the Carrera from Suncoast .. would rather have gone with a silver Targa 4S, but my car doesn't say Carrera anywhere so figured for $100 I'd see if I like it or not.

I actually like the larger badges but pretty sure I would get tired of them.

Thoughts?
Old 02-06-2015 | 03:52 PM
BillB128
Racer

I like it, but that's just me..

If you do a little measuring and place a couple of spots of masking tape for reference, it's a pretty easy to get it right and have both doors match.

To me, the Carrera script seems crooked in the Suncoast photo...

Last edited by BillB128; 02-07-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-06-2015 | 04:13 PM
jcourtney997
Advanced

Thanks. I like yours. This is what I'm after and can't seem to find.

I've also considered putting it on the front side of the rear fender if it will fit.

Old 02-06-2015 | 04:52 PM
jcourtney997
Advanced

Count on me to continue my own research ...

Found this on the Tequipment Accessories page:

Part number: 991 044 801 14V 04

Designation

Model designation on doors

Price $139.74 excl. tax
Old 02-06-2015 | 05:46 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have similar on my GTS. Do not like it. I'd take it off my car, but then would have to replace it when/if I sell it. Likewise, on the rear, it says Carrera GTS. I'd prefer just GTS per my ex-6GT3.

Yes, I'm a minimalist. I see no reason to "advertise." Car-guys know it's a Porsche, a 911, a Carrera. Non-car-guys, who cares.
Old 02-06-2015 | 07:22 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Originally Posted by jcourtney997
would rather have gone with a silver Targa 4S, but my car doesn't say Carrera anywhere so figured for $100 I'd see if I like it or not.

Thoughts?
Your car doesn't say carrera anywhere on it because it is not a Carrera. You can have your Targa 4S graphic made here: http://www.kistudios.com/
Old 02-06-2015 | 08:46 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Personally, I'm a "less is more" guy. I love the fact that the only badge on my 997 TT is the "turbo" badge on the back. I think the badging on the new 991s is out of control.

If I made any change to my badging, it would be a badge delete.
Old 02-07-2015 | 01:27 AM
jcourtney997
Advanced

Hah, funny on the Carrera comment. But really, what is a Carrera? I guess I actually don't know. A cab still has Carrera badging ...
Old 02-07-2015 | 01:51 AM
jcourtney997
Advanced

Found this on the forum on the definition of a Carrera: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...rera-mean.html

Interesting answer on yahoo: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/?...0135122AAEUzSU

To me it is interchangeable with 911. In fact, my owner's manual is simply labeled "911 Carrera". In the back it shows stats for Coupe, Cabriolet and Targa.
Old 02-07-2015 | 02:23 AM
n1gels
Racer

Decals are polarizing. People either love them or hate them. I would never have ordered my car with the retro "Carrera S" side decals, but I've grown to love them. Plus its fun to see non Porschephiles "reading" your car as you drive by trying to figure out what it says. If I ever remove them I'd probably replace them with the door decals you're considering. On some colors, the P O R S C H E full length decal looks great too.

Despite being pro-decal, I will say that that the 911 shape is so classically beautiful, that it really doesn't need any elaboration. It really doesn't need fancy spoilers, aerokits, blingy wheels, or other adornments to look great. I respect people wanting to make their cars theirs by customizing them. So, go for it. If you don't like the look, it'll peel right off.

Post before and after pictures!
Old 02-07-2015 | 12:15 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Originally Posted by jcourtney997
Found this on the forum on the definition of a Carrera: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...rera-mean.html

Interesting answer on yahoo: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/?...0135122AAEUzSU

To me it is interchangeable with 911. In fact, my owner's manual is simply labeled "911 Carrera". In the back it shows stats for Coupe, Cabriolet and Targa.
Carrera's were named after the Carrera Panamerica race, that is true, but you did not look up Targa. Targa's were named after the Targa Florio, a race in Italty. It is a Porsche car model (just like Carrera) as well as a top style. I believe it became it's own model designation with the 993 series (oddly when it stopped being an actual Targa Top and became an extra large sunroof instead). It's fine to badge it a Carrera if you like but I'm not sure why you would want to normalize something special.
Old 02-07-2015 | 12:48 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

I did mine on my own for half the price. I sold few on 6 Speed. I can do just about any color and wording. $65.00 no tax and free mailing.
Old 02-08-2015 | 11:47 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

No door badging....just 911S on the back, took the Carrera off.

Yes, it's a polarizing subject but I think each of us wants to make the car our own to our taste and that's great!

Short of "posing" as something it's not, all is on (or off) the table!
Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2015 | 03:55 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

Nice look SoCal...nice color theme. Exactly how I would do mine if it was that color...except the smoke lights in the rear. Don't you feel in the daytime the ability of the drivers behind you to see your brake lights quickly enough to stop in time? That's always a worry to me as well as the headlights being smoked too. Limits light?

Overall the car looks great and I love 911 on the back. I'm thinking of changing mine, because in time there are way too many letters to keep from coming up. With the heat where I live in the summer, I can see my red "S" is starting to come up.

Thinking of going with just 911 in Black. I have the 4S on the door...but that's a personal touch as yours is.

Looks good though bro!
Old 02-08-2015 | 07:18 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RaidersR1
Nice look SoCal...nice color theme. Exactly how I would do mine if it was that color...except the smoke lights in the rear. Don't you feel in the daytime the ability of the drivers behind you to see your brake lights quickly enough to stop in time? That's always a worry to me as well as the headlights being smoked too. Limits light?

Overall the car looks great and I love 911 on the back. I'm thinking of changing mine, because in time there are way too many letters to keep from coming up. With the heat where I live in the summer, I can see my red "S" is starting to come up.

Thinking of going with just 911 in Black. I have the 4S on the door...but that's a personal touch as yours is.

Looks good though bro!
Thanks for the compliment!

BTW, the smoked rears are DOT certified and are just as visible as the standards...even went to the local CHP and City Police to make sure they were legal...all requirements met! The fronts are barely tinted...the photo shows them much darker than they are, just like the side windows.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Door Panel Decals / Badges