Fusebox Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 12:57 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Default Fusebox Question

Howdy...Think a fuse blew on the cigarette lighter in the arm rest of my '11 997.2 S (no power to cell phone charger, which works fine in wife's truck).

Took off fusebox cover and it looks like I need to replace the 15 amp fuse on Row A, Fuse 10. Haven't checked it to see if fuse is blown, but assuming it is, should I disconnect the battery before monkeying around with inspecting/replacing fuses? Thanks in advance for any help...T
Old 12-22-2014, 01:17 PM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

It's not really necessary to disconnect the battery. But I would unplug anything connected to the 12V socket in the armrest area.

If the fuse blows again right away then its a different story. At that point I would disconnect the battery and break out the multimeter to check for shorts.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Yet anothercrisis
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I changed that same fuse "hot", and everything went well. (Interestingly a connector for one of my computer chargers fell apart as I removed it from the receptacle and it shorted inside the receptacle causing the fuse to blow before I could fish out all the bits).
Now that you mention it though, maybe I should have disconnected the battery....but the fuse change went well.
Good Luck.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:24 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Thanks. I did not think so from what I read on RL, but wanted to get some more opinions...T

Quick Reply: Fusebox Question