Sponsored by:

PPI and CPO

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 07:54 AM
thoran
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPI and CPO

Looking at a CPO car in Tampa area...most of you have said you would get a PPI as well. Where would you have this done in the Tampa, Saint Pete, Sarasota area? I take it not at the selling dealer, but would a competitive dealer be interested in doing this? Thanks!
Old 12-16-2014, 09:28 AM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Competitive dealer or good independent shop. Personally I would seek out a good indy, I've never been that impressed in dealer PPIs.

Isn't part of the point of buying CPO that you know exactly what you are getting? Seems a little like getting a PPI on a new car to me.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:42 AM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Most say to get a PPI on a CPO, I did not, but my car had under 3K miles and all records, also the DME reading was perfect.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:15 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 91 Posts

Vortex (viperbob) is in Tampa, I believe.

vortexmotorsport.com
Old 12-16-2014, 12:03 PM
Type 2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default PPI In Metro Tampa Bay Area

Originally Posted by thoran
Looking at a CPO car in Tampa area...most of you have said you would get a PPI as well. Where would you have this done in the Tampa, Saint Pete, Sarasota area?
I am assuming the Porsche 997.2 (?) is at Reeves Porsche in Tampa just off of I275. My Indy services our 997.2, and our two other Porsches, and Dan does PPIs. His shop is just off of Tampa Road/Hillsbrough Ave and Race Track Road, and he uses Reeves for alignments, and as an OEM part source, so he is known to Reeves service and parts departments. His contact information follows:

Dan Royster
Dan Royster Auto LLC
400-E Douglas Road East
Oldsmar, Florida 34677
(813) 818-0750

Dan's work is tops, and he is among the best, if not the best, that I have had over the years.

Type 2
Old 12-16-2014, 07:39 PM
thoran
Track Day

Default Yep, Reeves

Thanks, great info.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:41 PM
thoran
Track Day

Default Reeves

How do you feel about Reeves? Working with Doug Cotton.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Type 2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by thoran
How do you feel about Reeves? Working with Doug Cotton.
Reeves Porsche has a very good reputation as to its service and parts departments. While I has no personal experience with either new or used sales, I know several individuals from the Tampa Bay area that have bought new and CPO cars from Reeves, and they were pleased with their purchases and experience with Reeves Sales.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by onewhippedpuppy
Competitive dealer or good independent shop. Personally I would seek out a good indy, I've never been that impressed in dealer PPIs.

Isn't part of the point of buying CPO that you know exactly what you are getting? Seems a little like getting a PPI on a new car to me.
CPO inspection could be months ago, a lot can happened in a few months. Unlike a new car, a lot of wear and tear items might need to be replaced soon, some people like to know this in advance before purchasing their car. What I don't understand is why someone looking to spend 40K plus on a used car and cheapens out on the $250 for a PPI.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:51 PM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ynot
CPO inspection could be months ago, a lot can happened in a few months. Unlike a new car, a lot of wear and tear items might need to be replaced soon, some people like to know this in advance before purchasing their car. What I don't understand is why someone looking to spend 40K plus on a used car and cheapens out on the $250 for a PPI.
I thought the entire point of paying more for a CPO car was the comprehensive inspection and replacement of wear items?

I've sold multiple cars that were PPI inspected by the buyer at our local dealership. In my opinion it's a joke. There are always minor issues that I disclose in my ad that the PPI doesn't even find.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:44 AM
OWLY
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Bottom line: nothing is foolproof.

It's nearly impossible to know a vehicle's past...

Quick Reply: PPI and CPO