Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint stripper over car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 10:59 PM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Leave a liter of cheap vodka on the front seat of your car tonight with the door unlocked.

Maybe the little punk will turn the destruction on himself.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:26 PM
Slamuth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds to me like an opportunity for creative justice. I feel my own blood pressure rising, and it isn't even my personal P-car. Sorry this happened to you.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:45 AM
bigozuk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
It is just a car... they will fix it
agreed, its probably best I didn't catch him at the time - the knife we found lying outside his caravan was 10" long. I dread to think what he would have done had I cornered him!
Old 12-06-2014, 09:57 AM
street rod
Drifting

Received 222 Likes on 167 Posts

This really sucks but I wanted to say that's one fine looking automobile you have there bigozuk, love the color and I hope you post pics of your like new car after its fixed.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:38 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by bigozuk
agreed, its probably best I didn't catch him at the time - the knife we found lying outside his caravan was 10" long. I dread to think what he would have done had I cornered him!
20 years ago, I caught two pre-teen punks in training trying to do some damage to my house. They ran, I chased them down on foot. Never laid a hand on them. Said to them,"follow me". They did, had them call their mom. Mom went nuts on the phone accusing me of kidnapping her kids. Sent them on their way. Next day, California State Trooper shows up at my house. Asks me if I am in the military and I say "yes". He was very professional and said that while the mother called the police to say that I had kidnapped her children, the kids told the Trooper the truth. The Trooper then advised me as follows "Sir, I just came from a crime scene where a gentleman like yourself witnessed 2 kids breaking into his car to steal the stereo. That man confronted the kids and they shot him dead. If you give chase, I want you to know that there are people who will kill you in cold blood and not hesitate. So my advice to you is don't do it." Later in life I had to conceal carry for a 18 month job and I really rethought about chasing criminals, I don't do it even when armed. Those being chased have the advantage...they are NAFOD...no apparent fear of death.

Today, lots of pictures, lots of details and I call the authorities. It is just not worth it.

You have life and the car will be as good as new soon enough.

Last edited by CAVU; 12-06-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:17 PM
bigozuk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CAVU
You have life and the car will be as good as new soon enough.
great advise, but so difficult to think that at the time when all I wanted to do was kill the little Fekr!

Looking forward to getting it back looking like new. so in a sick sort of way it will probably work out good for me because the wheels needed a refurb anyway and the tyres were near legal limit, so its money I was going to have to spend anyway, but i'll now get the added bonus of a new paint job!
Old 12-06-2014, 08:19 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by bigozuk
...but i'll now get the added bonus of a new paint job!
When you go to inspect the paint job etc, bring a friend who likes to compete in Concours or is a high end auto painter by trade. They look at paint in a whole different way.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 249 Likes on 220 Posts

What a senseless act.

Not something one wants to wake up to at any time but on a holiday geesh what a downer.

I can certainly understand your anger -- any reasonable person would feel the same -- but I can't help feel sorry for the prep. Sure he ought to know better but I suspect there's something going on with him that will result in a lifetime of misery, and probably a short one at that.

That's a pretty savage bit of vandalism and I can't help but fear he will advance to doing worse.

You might be thankful you didn't catch him in the act things might have turned out much worse. I read the online UK papers and every day there are front page stories of men, women, even children getting knifed and killed from random attacks. (I'm not picking on the UK: I gave up reading the online Chicago papers because of the all the front page stories of murder and mayhem, mostly committed by people with guns, but that I don't think matters much to the often/mostly innocent victims.)

The parents might be blameless. Years ago I had two motorcycles stolen. They were finally found and the perp -- some kid -- caught. I talked to the sheriff about the kid and he told me he had been in and out of trouble before. I asked about the parents, would it *motivate* them to seek help for the kid if I pursued civiil action to recoup my losses and he said they had tried to help their son as any parents would naturally do but they were frustrated by the lack of progress and improvement in spite of their and professionals' best efforts and were probably facing letting the kid experience the ramifications for his actions and suffer the consequences. After talking with the sheriff I declined to attempt any civil action and paid for my losses out of my pocket.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:16 PM
andy92782
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Absolutely horrifying. 😠

I wish you the best in getting that gorgeous car restored as soon as possible.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:09 AM
997xpress
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ugh, that's just painful to look at. You save your money and treat yourself to something nice and some clown ruins it.

When I was a teen a neighbor mistook my brother (and his car) for someone else and we woke up one night to the sound of firetrucks and alarms. This idiot teen set my bothers car on fire in our driveway! Although it wasn't a Porsche, it was a very clean 67 Chevelle (327/375). The car was a total loss and he was only able to salvage the motor, which went into a Vega wagon. The police found the kid but there was never any insurance payment nor did he ever have to pay for the damage.

Hope the insurance makes it right for you.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:32 AM
z3mcoupe
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 98 Posts

It must have been horrible to walk to the car and see that. I'm sure the repair will make it look just as good as new. Best of luck with it!
Old 12-07-2014, 08:53 AM
bigozuk
Intermediate

[QUOTE=Ezkill;11853763]My wife always asks me why I have these vehicles [QUOTE]

that was my wife response as well "why do you always buy silly cars, get rid of it and buy something sensible"....Yeh right, like that's going to put me off having the C2
Old 12-07-2014, 10:33 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Nothing more to be said here than has been said...I too commiserate.

Everything comes around so best to keep moving forward and your buds here insist that you keep us apprised of the repairs and share pics of your beauty when she is better than new!

P.S. As far as our bedmates and their "silly" comments: best just to smile and confirm that we understand very little of each other's motivations about anything...do what makes you the happiest...we only go-round once and justification for these types of pursuits are typically difficult to rationalize.

P.S.S. I think that I'll go for a drive in the "tart" now.
Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2014, 10:22 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

[QUOTE=bigozuk;11857453][QUOTE=Ezkill;11853763]My wife always asks me why I have these vehicles

that was my wife response as well "why do you always buy silly cars, get rid of it and buy something sensible"....Yeh right, like that's going to put me off having the C2

"Porsche is still cheaper than a girlfriend".

Tell your wife that.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:55 AM
DucatiSPS
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 27 Posts

since you know his name, start trolling his social accounts (fb, twitter, instagram), my bet is he wants to brag about how he got away with something, and BAM, you have what you need.

Quick Reply: Paint stripper over car!