Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From 997.2 C2S to 996TT (posted also in 996TT)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 04:22 AM
Haili Selassie
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DC911S
Spend 1K on a good lawyer, go to court, be nice to the judge, and I bet you get the ticket reduced. Keep the 997.
Working on it,Already retained.Thank you.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:40 AM
Haili Selassie
Advanced

Originally Posted by rodsky
No f'ing way - are you willing to risk a $40K car for $200 a month insurance. As others have said, contest the ticket. If you cant afford the insurance. Sell the 997S for a 2 year old Prius (Low cost and retains value/resale) until the point comes off in 18 months and then buy what you want. But buying and selling cars cost money, so I'd stay pat. The 997S is a far better car than a 10+ year old 996TT. Plus you have CPO which is a huge potential $$ saver. If you are worried about $200/month a TT could be expensive - repair wise and insurance wise.
It would actually end up worst case being about a savings of about 4K a year or another way to look at it another 996t every ten years assuming God forbid I don't cause a crash causing total loss to my vehicle.
WHOA! Prius really are you serious!? Maybe I am just mentally fragile but going from a 911 as my DD to a Prius! That would seriously mess up my sense of well being every time I get into my car.And I just want to make it clear it is not a matter of whether I can afford it,I thank God I can.It's just the wheels start to turn in my head and I start seeking council from others when I start thinking about that 4K I could save every year with plan b.I understand the gamble believe me,One of my secondary streams of income is from online poker which I have been playing quite profitably for over a decade.Often times we get it 'all in' as a 60,70,80% + favorite and still lose,thats the gamble,but over the long run if you make the profitable '+ev' plays you come out a winner.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:44 AM
Haili Selassie
Advanced

Originally Posted by rodsky
No f'ing way - are you willing to risk a $40K car for $200 a month insurance. As others have said, contest the ticket. If you cant afford the insurance. Sell the 997S for a 2 year old Prius (Low cost and retains value/resale) until the point comes off in 18 months and then buy what you want. But buying and selling cars cost money, so I'd stay pat. The 997S is a far better car than a 10+ year old 996TT. Plus you have CPO which is a huge potential $$ saver. If you are worried about $200/month a TT could be expensive - repair wise and insurance wise.
You do bring up very good points about the loss on the buying and selling of the cars and the CPO is pretty sweet! Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion,I do value it.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:50 AM
Haili Selassie
Advanced

Originally Posted by 3Series
A Prius is sort of extreme and is a terrible drive.

Believe it or not a E36 M3 has a similar feel in rawness and driving position to a 997. The power delivery is smooth and fun for the street.

It's cheap to buy and maintain and will hold its value. The only issue you might have is finding a nice clean example. It's also a really old car so if that's not your thing...
I've heard good things about the M3 have never drive one though maybe I should try it to see how I like it.
I am pretty much in car love with the 911 though.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:39 AM
MY997
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will tell you that I do have a friend who just sold his 996 C2 (all tricked out with I/H/E and much more) and bought a 996TT. He immediatly had a tune done which probably pushed it close to 470hp and everytime I see him he has this huge grin on his face and cannot stop talking about how fun his 996TT is to drive...this is usually after he tells me a "Kill" story...

Quick Reply: From 997.2 C2S to 996TT (posted also in 996TT)