Sponsored by:

Home Safe programming

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 762 Posts
Default Home Safe programming

The Supra Twin Turbo is gone, the shop is moved from the house to the garage, and it is time for the C4S to move in, but...

We bought this place 5 years ago. The garage has a power door but we did not get any remotes (that's what happens with an estate sale and a couple hundred K price break!). We've been using the keypad on the garage. This was no hassle since the Supra was sitting inside waiting for me to fabricate pipes for new turbos and the truck and the Lexus were relegated to the driveway.

After too many years, I finally admitted my time demands would preclude me from fixing the Supra for some more years, we got the 997.2 instead, and I am a happy camper, but ...

Today I went to program the Home Safe button. It seemed easy enough with the LED going into flash mode and the Learn button operating on the motor unit, but ...

Nothing. I went to the Owner's Manual and found it requires the hand held remote.

Has anyone found a work around on this?

Thanks in advance for what I am sure will be an avalanche of solutions!
Old 11-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Linnm
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can buy a remote from just about any garage door guy
Old 11-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Ezkill
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Research your brand and go buy the appropriate universal remote on Amazon or most hardware stores. Not every universal will work with every opener but it's pretty close. Just google your brand and model number which should be on the unit in your garage.

The only other issue you may run into is that the unit in your garage might have a rolling code in which case you'll have to go press a button on it before your cars code will work on it.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:03 PM
Alex 911
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You need the remote for the transmitter on your 911 to "learn" it. This is done clearing the codes, and then assigning one of the buttons in your car (for this you need a previously working garage door opener and hold it close to your front bumper). Then, if your garage door receiver works with rolling codes, you need to go through the additional steps of pressing the program/learn button on the motor and then pressing the 911 transmitter.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:03 AM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 762 Posts

There must be a Corollary to Occum's Razor here. The car has made its first Home Depot run and has remote access to its protected parking when it must be home!

Thanks for the instant feed back. Most appreciated!

Quick Reply: Home Safe programming