Sponsored by:

Previous Owner Drama

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Comanche_699
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceter
<<<@!1!@>>> You just made my point. My first sentence was a much more memorable reference to the Princess Bride and you didn't get it.
This made me laugh out loud! Hahaha

We'll see what happens. As many have said, best to let it go, & I've been focusing on little exhaust upgrades, so between work & life I haven't been super proactive about the deck lid, beyond chewing on a strategy during evening runs over the mountain, out to the coast and back, but maybe I'll take a deeper look into this today.

Thanks for all of the support, it's been almost therapeutic.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:11 AM
Comanche_699
Rennlist Member

I do have a small update- there were a few emails back and forth, mostly me asking to get the lid and him saying it was never mine bla bla bla, so finally I said "fine, then just sell me the damned thing." I offered $50 less than his ask since he's listed it twice with no bites.

A few days later (today) he responds "I have someone lined up to buy this. PayPal me the full asking and I'll drop it off at my Indy tomorrow"

(Aldo's Performance SF)

Still chewing on it, but probably I'll just give him the dough and put this dog to rest.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:31 AM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche_699
I do have a small update- there were a few emails back and forth, mostly me asking to get the lid and him saying it was never mine bla bla bla, so finally I said "fine, then just sell me the damned thing." I offered $50 less than his ask since he's listed it twice with no bites.

A few days later (today) he responds "I have someone lined up to buy this. PayPal me the full asking and I'll drop it off at my Indy tomorrow"

(Aldo's Performance SF)

Still chewing on it, but probably I'll just give him the dough and put this dog to rest.
I wouldn't trust the bastard to deliver the part. Why not explain the situation to Aldo's Performance SF and ask them to hold the cash until the part show's up?
Old 11-15-2014, 03:37 AM
Comanche_699
Rennlist Member

Yeah, I definitely don't trust him, and he's a total goat, but I sent the money via PayPal, (full asking) and detailed the specifics of the sale in the notes column including the VIN number on the deck lid and the condition etc. and tomorrow I will try and pick it up from Aldo's and then once it's in my hands I'll see what comes next.

I'm not like one of them spiritual Buddha types but I do believe that karma happens, and believe that dude will totally get his one day.

Quick Reply: Previous Owner Drama