Sponsored by:

Indy svc in the triad

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 04:24 PM
1GoodTurn
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indy svc in the triad

Hello NC Renn. It's getting to be the time I need to familiarize myself with quality and fair service in the Triad (or Triangle if necessary). Are there any "indy" guys you'd recommend? Owned my 997.2 for 10 months and just want to have a plan other than the big dealers, just in case. Searched the previous threads but couldn't come up with anyone. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:55 PM
Cbst09
Racer

The folks at European performance in Raleigh are very good 919-851-5084
Old 10-11-2014, 07:04 AM
iii911ooo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have used Foreign Cars Porsche in the past and they were fairly reasonable. I suggest that you get a quote in advance for the work that you are having done though.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:51 PM
1GoodTurn
Advanced

Hello and thanks for the feedback. A bit surprised there isn't anyone in the Triad (Greensboro) area as a back up to Foreign Cars Italia. Nothing bad to say about them. Just looking for an alternative if needed. Thanks for the Raleigh info as well.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:38 PM
PTParks
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1GoodTurn
Hello and thanks for the feedback. A bit surprised there isn't anyone in the Triad (Greensboro) area as a back up to Foreign Cars Italia. Nothing bad to say about them. Just looking for an alternative if needed. Thanks for the Raleigh info as well.
I bought my Carrera S new in '09 from Foreign Cars Italia and never went to them for any services. Why? Because unlike every other major car dealership I've ever dealt with the service manager never made any effort to make contact with me. I even called and left a message when I was coming up on my first oil change and never got a return call. Ended up going to Leith Porsche in Cary for everything after that. Great service department, knowledgeable staff, plus they'll let you watch them work and answer your dumb questions.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:40 PM
iii911ooo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PTParks
I bought my Carrera S new in '09 from Foreign Cars Italia and never went to them for any services. Why? Because unlike every other major car dealership I've ever dealt with the service manager never made any effort to make contact with me. I even called and left a message when I was coming up on my first oil change and never got a return call. Ended up going to Leith Porsche in Cary for everything after that. Great service department, knowledgeable staff, plus they'll let you watch them work and answer your dumb questions.
Even though I have had good experiences at Foreign Cars Porsche, I also now use Leith for most everything on my two Porsches. I agree that their service department is very good but my primary reason for using them is that they have Saturday service hours. Another reason is the service advisor, Jay, is excellent.

Quick Reply: Indy svc in the triad