Sponsored by:

Wheel Alignment Suggestions in Northern VA Area

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 01:37 PM
widebodytarga
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Alignment Suggestions in Northern VA Area

Can anyone recommend a good wheel alignment shop that does 997's in the Northern VA/DC area? Trying to avoid using the local stealership.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by widebodytarga
Can anyone recommend a good wheel alignment shop that does 997's in the Northern VA/DC area? Trying to avoid using the local stealership.
Whenever i'm town I go to Intersport at Tysons and they always took good care of me and their rates are reasonable.

I once did an alignment at Porsche of Arlington and the car didn't drive straight for months.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:44 PM
RobinO
AutoX

I'd avoid Intersport unless you want to overpay and wonder if they even did the work they claimed. I had them install my Techart springs, which they billed me around $2300 for.. 16 hours of labor to install springs and do an alignment, even though I dropped my car off at 2pm one day and got a call the next day around 3pm to let me know it was done. Must have worked through the night to get those wheels off. I also had them do a "full paint correction detail" for $350 and when I picked it up it looked exactly like it did before, swirls and all. They also quoted me $1200 to do a Gundo hack and left a 3" gash in my rear driver's side fender as a parting gift. Everyone seems to recommend them though.

I've been going to ASG ever since and have been extremely happy with them. http://www.autosportsystems.net/
Old 09-25-2014, 02:44 PM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

intersport, ASG, autobahn, chapman auto. all in the NOVA-ish area. all have good reps (and i'm sure a disgruntled customer or 2) but do some research and decide for yourself.

good luck.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:02 PM
widebodytarga
Instructor

I'll research ASG and Autobahn. Just read about a shop called Curry's as well. Anyone use them before?
Old 09-25-2014, 08:51 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 289 Likes on 172 Posts
Default NoVa shops

Currys is good but can be hit or miss on things. I got Currys to 'check' my alignment and there readings were a bit different than Porsche. They quoted about 249 for alignment but Porsche of Tysons did it for 149 plus gave me a door ding for free that they then fixed perfectly. The 149 was a special.

IMA Motorsport in Chantilly has treated me well. Not cheap but I believe they know what they are doing.

Currys, btw, has a lot of shops and a lot of people and it's not the same Currys as before since they sold out to a national chain.

Find a semi local dealership with a alignment special and get your closest dealer to match it (especially if you have warranty work you are going in for already).
Old 09-26-2014, 10:19 AM
widebodytarga
Instructor

Originally Posted by workhurts
Currys is good but can be hit or miss on things. I got Currys to 'check' my alignment and there readings were a bit different than Porsche. They quoted about 249 for alignment but Porsche of Tysons did it for 149 plus gave me a door ding for free that they then fixed perfectly. The 149 was a special. IMA Motorsport in Chantilly has treated me well. Not cheap but I believe they know what they are doing. Currys, btw, has a lot of shops and a lot of people and it's not the same Currys as before since they sold out to a national chain. Find a semi local dealership with a alignment special and get your closest dealer to match it (especially if you have warranty work you are going in for already).
Workhurts out of curiosity which Porsche dealer did you use for the $149 special?
Old 09-26-2014, 01:24 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

It was Tysons that did it but I think Silver Spring was running a special. They currently have a special for 189 (SS that is ... not Tysons but they'll match ... they'll all match).
Old 09-26-2014, 03:16 PM
widebodytarga
Instructor

Thanks very much! Just made my appointment with Porsche of Tysons and having them match the Silver Spring quote.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:13 PM
MarcoRemius
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Piedmont Tire and Auto in Haymarket. My neighbor owns the shop. I take ALL of my stuff there when I'm in NoVA. Floor level alignment rack and fantastic techs. He kicks everyone's butt on quality and price... even Curry's.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:25 PM
widebodytarga
Instructor

Originally Posted by MarcoRemius
Piedmont Tire and Auto in Haymarket. My neighbor owns the shop. I take ALL of my stuff there when I'm in NoVA. Floor level alignment rack and fantastic techs. He kicks everyone's butt on quality and price... even Curry's.
Piedmont Tire just quoted me $99.95 over the phone. Should I be at all skeptical to think they would be as competent as the dealer?
Old 09-27-2014, 12:44 AM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

That's a tough call. Supposedly the 911 has a lot of possible adjustments. Most of the $99 shops I called wouldn't touch it. I figured if the higher end Porsche shops were all quoting $200-$250 then someone doing it for $99 simply didn't know how to do it .

Plus, I was already going to the dealer and the car was new to me and I wanted to establish some kind of relationship plus I got a loaner so the extra $50 for me was worth it.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:25 AM
whayes
Instructor

ASG team is fantastic!
Old 09-28-2014, 02:50 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Piedmont Tire just quoted me $99.95 over the phone. Should I be at all skeptical to think they would be as competent as the dealer?
That's a nice price. What certifications do their techs hold?
Old 09-28-2014, 03:18 PM
MarcoRemius
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry. I was actually in NoVA this weekend and hadn't been checking the forums. I'll find out from John F (the owner) what certifications his techs hold and if he's done 911's before.

He's my go to guy, but I know you'd probably like some backup so let me find out.

Quick Reply: Wheel Alignment Suggestions in Northern VA Area