Sponsored by:

Baby gots new shoes!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 04:17 AM
MTNRIDE
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
Do the teardrops mean you've murdered inmates?
I live in a community that lost 19 young hot shot firefighters in the Yarnell Fire June 30, 2013. The 19 and the tears on my car are my symbol respect.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:20 AM
MTNRIDE
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Adding an S to a base car is just laughable & every porsche enthusiast will laugh at you- wheels are ok..if your 60 years old
"Laughable" is thinking your opinion matters. But thanks for the chuckle ;D
Old 09-16-2014, 07:13 AM
Sniff
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Adding an S to a base car is just laughable & every porsche enthusiast will laugh at you- wheels are ok..if your 60 years old
Personally I think the vintage Fuchs look is one of the best, and I'm only 43. Now go back to your X-Box

Sean
Old 09-16-2014, 08:43 AM
poparelly
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Wheels look cool with the deep dish. White cab and stone guards look good too. Fake badging is douchey.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:50 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by MTNRIDE
"Laughable" is thinking your opinion matters. But thanks for the chuckle ;D
Ya tough crowd here...loose the "S' and we'll love ya.

Nice thought re last year's tragedy.

My daughter and I were in your neck-of-the-woods a year ago and it sure was a special trip (even though no 997)!

I too love the Fuchs and have considered them but still loving what my fat tush sits on.
Attached Images  
Old 09-16-2014, 11:48 AM
KLS
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

wheels are ok..if your 60 years old
I'm 63 and I think the wheels are "ok" so I suppose you're right. We old folks appreciate your respect.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:12 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Sniff
Personally I think the vintage Fuchs look is one of the best, and I'm only 43. Now go back to your X-Box

Sean
+997. 44 here and those may be my next wheels. Not sure about them on Atlas Grey which is why I keep holding off. Car looks great. Lose the S
Old 09-16-2014, 12:22 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice looking wheels MTNRIDE
Old 09-16-2014, 02:20 PM
MTNRIDE
Instructor

I've loved the forums here on Reenlist and on Pelican for many years. Opinions are like A$$holes, everybody has one.. and they usually all stink... ;D
I talked to my wrench yesterday and determined to remove the "S". I agree with the views expressed.

Choices of wheels is a personal choice we all make along the way... I'm an artist.. and the same rule applies here as it does in fine art:
"2% of the people will love everything you do. 2% of the people will hate everything you do. The other 96% just don't care...

These forums still remain the very best possible place we can go to find like minded input, sources, DYI information and to buy or sell a Porsche. Sometimes others (not singling out younger members) tend to forget the spirit of the blogs. Opinions and input are great. Judgmental haters just don't get it.

I'm not 40 but I've been driving, wrenching and loving Porsches for longer than some here have been on the planet. I love to see new, younger enthusiasts who love the brand.

But this ain't politics boys. We don't have to hate those who have different views.

As Bill Clinton once said: "Why can't we all just get laid"
Old 09-16-2014, 02:28 PM
9114Scab
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^^ LOL

That is true.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Jaye Bass
Burning Brakes

Received 273 Likes on 135 Posts

It's worse on the 964 board. Too many guys worried about "stance", super cambered cars with those really bad rotoform wheels.

Originally Posted by MTNRIDE
I've loved the forums here on Reenlist and on Pelican for many years. Opinions are like A$$holes, everybody has one.. and they usually all stink... ;D
I talked to my wrench yesterday and determined to remove the "S". I agree with the views expressed.

Choices of wheels is a personal choice we all make along the way... I'm an artist.. and the same rule applies here as it does in fine art:
"2% of the people will love everything you do. 2% of the people will hate everything you do. The other 96% just don't care...

These forums still remain the very best possible place we can go to find like minded input, sources, DYI information and to buy or sell a Porsche. Sometimes others (not singling out younger members) tend to forget the spirit of the blogs. Opinions and input are great. Judgmental haters just don't get it.

I'm not 40 but I've been driving, wrenching and loving Porsches for longer than some here have been on the planet. I love to see new, younger enthusiasts who love the brand.

But this ain't politics boys. We don't have to hate those who have different views.

As Bill Clinton once said: "Why can't we all just get laid"
Old 09-16-2014, 06:00 PM
thechancellor
Cruisin'

HA HA^^^ I love Rotiform wheels and clean stanced cars...

Anyway back to the topic... Yeah the reason you post on these boards is to get peoples opinions good or bad. So hereis mine. The wheels look pretty good but the car does need lowered. Also the S needs removed. Nice car other than that.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:45 PM
MTNRIDE
Instructor

The "S" has been retired. Lowering is another issue. I had a 2002 996tt that was teased for it's "SUV ride height". I live in the mountains where the roadways aren't nice rubberized glideways. Potholes, stones and cinders aren't uncommon. Gutters into driveways are made to channel rain and snow. I love lowered Porsches. My 75 is lowered but it is so nimble over the gutters and often hits the skid bumpers under the front. I don't see this 05 as having an SUV ride height with these 19's and the staggered offset. But I do love the look of a lowed 911.
Thanks Chancellor..
Old 09-16-2014, 07:02 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

at least we got rid of the S.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:13 PM
dalancroft
Racer

Deep thoughts by Jack Handy: "Best be great at what we are plus who cares?"

Quick Reply: Baby gots new shoes!!