Sponsored by:

PCM Function

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 09:31 PM
jkubiak14
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM Function

I recently purchased a used CPO 2008 Carrera S with the Extended Navigation function. Later that day I noticed the Navigation system would not register my current location. The Porshe dealer replaced the PCM unit and the Navigation feature worked fine. Now I discovered another problem. The Individual Memory feature vanished. It worked fine prior to having the PCM replaced as I had selected and changed the Running Headlights and the Door Locking options while Key 1 was in use. The dealer is telling me I never had the Individual Memory since it is an option that was not on the build sheet. Would an item like Individual Memory even show up on a build sheet? I would think it might be included along with a major option such as the Sport Chrono Package Plus (#640) which is on the build sheet. What recourse if any do I have if this situation cannot be resolved?

Thank You
Old 09-10-2014, 10:34 PM
danit
Advanced

I believe it is included with Sport Chrono Plus. I don't recall the memory was a separate option to select. The new PCM needs to be enabled by a code from Porsche based on its serial number. The dealer should be able to see the car came with Sport Plus and a PCM with Nav to get the code from Porsche.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:51 PM
jkubiak14
6th Gear

The service manager should know that I would think and that's what worries me. The Sport Plus option is on the build sheet. Seems like they forgot to read the codes and enter them on the new PCM when they pulled the old PCM. When the software versions are called up on the new PCM they all show a triangle with an exclamation point except for the navigation software. Hope to resolve this with a Porsche rep soon.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:26 PM
ecostellodo
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

A reason to have the SportChrono function is the individual settings. The PCM should be set using the codes as danit states. The dealer doesn't know what he is talking about.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:22 PM
jkubiak14
6th Gear

Thank you for the replies. Dealer just installed a new PCM and it appears to be working fine. The only problem I noticed so far is that the daytime running lights option that is found in the Individual Memory function have been checked off as to be on, and the option is greyed out so I cannot access this function. This is not a Canadian car where DOT requires daytime running lights. Does anyone know if the 2008 Carrera's were built to run with head lights on all the time?
Old 09-12-2014, 10:43 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by jkubiak14
Thank you for the replies. Dealer just installed a new PCM and it appears to be working fine. The only problem I noticed so far is that the daytime running lights option that is found in the Individual Memory function have been checked off as to be on, and the option is greyed out so I cannot access this function. This is not a Canadian car where DOT requires daytime running lights. Does anyone know if the 2008 Carrera's were built to run with head lights on all the time?
If you're driving you can't change the DRL option in the PCM - have to be parked.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:52 PM
jkubiak14
6th Gear

It was parked.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:34 PM
danit
Advanced

Isn't this done through the center instrument display and not the PCM?
Old 09-16-2014, 09:55 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by danit
Isn't this done through the center instrument display and not the PCM?
On the 997.2 you can set DRL with center display and left hand stalk - can't do that on the 997.1.

Quick Reply: PCM Function