Sponsored by:

Sport Mode or ECU Flash - 997.1 Tip

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014 | 03:08 PM
JRoz
Rennlist Member

Default Sport Mode or ECU Flash - 997.1 Tip

Hi Guys,

This may be an obvious choice, and I may have already made up my mind, but i'd like the opinion of those that have contemplated installing either the Sport Mode button or an ECU flash on their 997.1 tiptronics.

I'd like to stay stock/Porsche brand if possible, or at the very least have the ability to easily convert back to stock. My car is a 997.1 C2 w/out the Sportschrono package, and i'd like to either get the Sport Mode button mode sold on Suncoast Parts, or an ECU upgrade that could be easily flashed back to stock.

I understand the sport mode won't enhance performance, but it will improve throttle response and shift patterns in both auto/manual mode, while the ECU flash would add some HP, and remap the patterns as well. I'm really just looking for a little more engaging/sportier ride that I can use, and then turn it off if possible when my wife's in the car Is it a no brainer to just go with the Sport Mode button?

As far as re-sale, I would imagine the sport mode would be more beneficial than the ECU flash, especially since its a genuine Porsche option, and would/have to be installed from a dealership.

What do you think? I've heard lots of positive feedback on adding the Sport Mode to tiptronics (I know its much more beneficial with those that have PDK) but I just wanted to see if maybe an ECU flash would be worthwhile? or if i'm missing anything.

Thanks for your time!
Old 09-09-2014 | 03:35 PM
9114Scab
Instructor

I would probably go Sport mode here. I recently added Sport mode to my 2012 PDK 4s , I paid 1960.00 at a dealership in Chicago. It was worth it. Even with a tiptronic, I think it would be the right choice.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Sport Mode or ECU Flash - 997.1 Tip