Radnor Concours this Sunday!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,536 Likes on 925 Posts
Default Radnor Concours this Sunday!!

The Radnor Concours d'Elegance is the Pebble Beach of the east coast... or so they want to be. Just a fantastic event!! Opens at 9:00, Sept 14.

Porsche Club is offering discounts.... max cool.

From their announcements:

For our eighteenth year, we will have Classic Chrysler, Formula One Grid and “Powered by Ford” as the featured classes. We are seeking nominations from owners of 1920s, 1930s and 1940s era Chryslers, especially custom-bodied cars. The Formula One Grid is exactly that; F1 cars from the most challenging form of motorsports on the earth. Powered by Ford is our third featured class, and is intended for cars such as Sunbeam Tiger, DeTomaso Pantera, Shelby Cobra and Iso Grifo, but anything with a Ford engine under the hood is eligible for nomination.
Our motorcycle field featured classes are H.R.D. Vincent, Brough Superior and Under 250cc Bikes Prior to 1974.

The website: http://radnorconcours.org/event-deta...f-radnor-hunt/

For my take on the event with pictures and some humor:

http://travelthroughpictures.com/pho...-classic-cars/

I will be there..... you will recognize me as a guy taking pictures and annoying the hell out of everyone. Canon camera in one hand, beer in the other, slobbering over some exotic (car that is).

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 09-09-2014, 10:12 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Bump
Old 09-10-2014, 08:46 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 48 Posts

I may have to join you. I live in Havertown just a couple of miles from Porsche of the Main Line on Route 3. It's just down the street from where this is being held. Will try to come up Saturday for cars and coffee
Old 09-10-2014, 10:19 PM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm planning to go on Sunday. I've never had the time to go before. How is the parking? Should I bring my Porsche (ample parking and no chance for door dings) or my SUV that I use for stadium parking?
Old 09-13-2014, 10:11 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Parking is fine.... one of the best walks is through the parking areas. In past years, there were up-close parking for cool cars and sometimes there were special Porsche lots. Check with the Porsche Club, they gave me a discount and some sort of special parking pass.

Parking is on grass via some gravel roads so it can be dusty.

By the way, all of the high-end car dealers will have tents outside the event so you can walk amongst the Lambos, Porsche etc. etc.

Weather looks to be fantastic........ bring a flash as it tends to be real contrasty if it is bright and overcast. Doors open at 9:00.

Most importantly: You can drink beer!!!! You can walk amongst the cars..... and drink beer!!!!!! They sell it there and yes, you can drink it there!!!!

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Quick Reply: Radnor Concours this Sunday!!