Sponsored by:

PPI Results, advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Dirtmerchant
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chris.hanle
Good for you. You will find the one you want without the questions. Or at least find someone who will tell you the answers.
Thanks,

I liked the car but in reality it's a commodity, lots more to choose from without a story.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:57 AM
shellbmb
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you mind divulging where this GTS was listed for sale? I'm looking around for a GTS and any information I can gather is helpful as most of them are out of my area and not easy to check out.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:57 AM
cairo94507
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

I really see nothing to be concerned about. The front bumper cover is not a big deal to have resprayed and get a good shop to handle it and make it look like new. I would not want the selling dealer doing that and would use that bad paint as a negotiating tool to drop the price a little. As for the codes, I agree with the dealership. Drive the car. 600 miles is nothing to have to cover to see a car like this for a purchase. I would negotiate the best price you can and if that is within your striking range, then go see it in person and make sure it checks out. The fact it comes with a PPI is comforting. Good luck.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:31 PM
Dirtmerchant
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shellbmb
Do you mind divulging where this GTS was listed for sale? I'm looking around for a GTS and any information I can gather is helpful as most of them are out of my area and not easy to check out.
I passed on the car and it has since been sold to someone else.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:55 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

My battery was replaced twice in 3 years and the front end electrical was replaced once - my car would sit on average for 4-6 months in the first years of ownership. Those are the only issues it's had in 5 years and now that I drive it daily there are 0 battery issues.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:03 AM
JayRace
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dirtmerchant - Would you mind disclosing some details on the car and negotiated price just for our reference?
Also, for future reference. The codes you were seeing are pretty normal when the battery voltage is low. You really need to charge the battery, reset codes, then take the car for a nice drive and check the codes again. As mentioned above, the ECU will log codes for even slight variances. The presence of a code does not always indicate a "real" issue.

Quick Reply: PPI Results, advice needed