Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 04:14 AM
Psymon
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Gundo vs Cargraphic

Hey guys,

Sorry for another post on Gundo....

Currently I have the Cargraphic Super Sound on my 2006 C2S.1, I like it and I have nothing to complain.

While my car was being transformed with a new bodykit and converting to .2 recently, I also did the Gundo hack with to stock muffler that was sitting in the store room. The purpose was so that I can switch to Gundo-hacked muffler and resell the Cargraphic.

My questions are:
1) would the Gundo sound as loud as Cargraphic (I never get to hear the sound of Gundo and I'm sure the youtube clips don't do justice)?
2) apart from sound, would the Cargraphic have any significant advantage over the stock muffler (i.e.: weight, flow... etc)?

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:38 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 96 Posts

I have the Cargraphics on my just-sold GT3. Cannot comment on sound vs. Gundo, but the SWCMB sounds nearly as good. There is a definite weight savings. Don't recall how much, but do a search over on the GT3 forum for that.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:16 AM
Psymon
Racer

Thanks. What's "SWCMB"?
Old 08-27-2014, 11:21 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 96 Posts

Shark Werks Center Muffler Bypass. See my posting here on it
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...er-bypass.html
Old 08-27-2014, 03:36 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Psymon
Hey guys,

Sorry for another post on Gundo....

Currently I have the Cargraphic Super Sound on my 2006 C2S.1, I like it and I have nothing to complain.

While my car was being transformed with a new bodykit and converting to .2 recently, I also did the Gundo hack with to stock muffler that was sitting in the store room. The purpose was so that I can switch to Gundo-hacked muffler and resell the Cargraphic.

My questions are:
1) would the Gundo sound as loud as Cargraphic (I never get to hear the sound of Gundo and I'm sure the youtube clips don't do justice)?
2) apart from sound, would the Cargraphic have any significant advantage over the stock muffler (i.e.: weight, flow... etc)?

Thanks.
I had both setups. The CG was louder than the Gundo/Fister (1.75" pipe) for sure but I actually preferred the Gundo/Fister. I eventually added AWE 200 sport cats and that was definitely louder than the CG and my favorite setup. CG setup is lighter compared to the stock mufflers.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:08 PM
Psymon
Racer

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
I had both setups. The CG was louder than the Gundo/Fister (1.75" pipe) for sure but I actually preferred the Gundo/Fister. I eventually added AWE 200 sport cats and that was definitely louder than the CG and my favorite setup. CG setup is lighter compared to the stock mufflers.
Great. Exactly the info I needed. Thanks.

Did you prefer the Gundo/Fister because of the different characteristic of the sound even though it was not as loud as the CG?
Old 08-28-2014, 12:58 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Psymon
Great. Exactly the info I needed. Thanks.

Did you prefer the Gundo/Fister because of the different characteristic of the sound even though it was not as loud as the CG?
The Fister sounded more 'Porsche' to me. I did eventually add the AWE 200 cats....

I was running the CG and had the Fisters sitting in the garage and decided it was worth an hour of my time to change them out. As soon as I started the car I put the CG system up for sale.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:57 PM
Captsteve123
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think the Gundo hack is more value than the total system if you are only looking for sound.

Quick Reply: Gundo vs Cargraphic