Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rare Option (what was the cost?)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

That cocoa with the white is really rich and sumptuous looking. Love it.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:00 PM
crazycarlitos
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gonzo911
Did it also come with an 8-track player?
Haha

I have cocoa and love it. It's rich color and looks great with GTsilver or white.

I would also lose the emblem in the rear, pelican or not. Looks tacky IMO.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:25 AM
niner niner seven
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Huge congrats. Great looking car love the white.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:51 AM
MTNRIDE
Instructor

Default Enjoying the banter

The badge on the butt of my car will probably be there for a few weeks and then come off. Not by suggestion or demand. It's only been on a few days and I don't know that I care for it there myself.
I am considering changing the clear stone guards out for black. I also have started to look about for different wheels. I like the chrome well enough but, like I said I want something more edgy. White car, black Fuchs with polished rim and black stone guards for contrast. Maybe something like this...
Now we can hear about everyone else's taste in wheels. I'd like that for more ideas. ;D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PORSCHE-WHEE..._qi=RTM1562569
Old 08-03-2014, 11:45 AM
MTNRIDE
Instructor

Originally Posted by MTNRIDE
The badge on the butt of my car will probably be there for a few weeks and then come off. Not by suggestion or demand. It's only been on a few days and I don't know that I care for it there myself.
I am considering changing the clear stone guards out for black. I also have started to look about for different wheels. I like the chrome well enough but, like I said I want something more edgy. White car, black Fuchs with polished rim and black stone guards for contrast. Maybe something like this...
Now we can hear about everyone else's taste in wheels. I'd like that for more ideas. ;D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PORSCHE-WHEE..._qi=RTM1562569
Anybody have these big Fuchs on a white 996 0r 997? Like to see what they look like on the car.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:01 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I am not a fan of the Fuchs wheels. The were OK on the air cooled cars with the smaller wheels, but I don't think they morphed very well into 19" wheels. The scale just doesn't look right to me.

That said, the Fuchs knockoff wheels you posted would definitely look better than the chrome wheels currently on your car.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:10 PM
MTNRIDE
Instructor

Originally Posted by gota911
I am not a fan of the Fuchs wheels. The were OK on the air cooled cars with the smaller wheels, but I don't think they morphed very well into 19" wheels. The scale just doesn't look right to me.

That said, the Fuchs knockoff wheels you posted would definitely look better than the chrome wheels currently on your car.
I hear ya. On a white 997 though, they could be a wheel that adds some Porsche style as well as contrast. Just not fond of the chrome. All my air cooled cars have Fuchs and I love em... Scanning the web for choices I haven't found any other than solid black. On black tires I'm not sure I would like that. Be great to see some pictures of white ones with different wheels to get a better idea wha'ts out there.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:38 PM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the Fuchs style wheels. Avant Garde Ruger Classics are a popular choice. I think they will do custom colors for the spokes.

http://avantgardewheels.com/ruger-classic.php
Old 08-03-2014, 05:25 PM
MTNRIDE
Instructor

I like those AG Ruger Classics! Very cool. I am a more than faithful and loyal air cooled guy. My Porsches are all air cooled except for this latest 997 Cab. I tend to lean heavily towards the Fuchs look as "Classic Porsche".. That said, I like the many other styles I see on P-cars today. For me, however, these are as close as want I envision as I've seen.. Thank you Kcheves! (Don't tell me your first name is "Hank"...? ) Depending on the pronunciation , that would be pretty cool. ;D
Where you do think the best deals are for those wheels?
Old 08-03-2014, 07:10 PM
beden1
Pro

Love the color combo. I have the same in our new Mercedes GL450. As for the phone, doesn't it get in the way of shifting?
Old 08-03-2014, 07:21 PM
MTNRIDE
Instructor

Originally Posted by beden1
Love the color combo. I have the same in our new Mercedes GL450. As for the phone, doesn't it get in the way of shifting?
No, it's off to the passenger's side of the console, well out of the way. Turning out to be quite the conversation piece. Useless though, now that our cell phones are so much better.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:10 PM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MTNRIDE
I like those AG Ruger Classics! Very cool. I am a more than faithful and loyal air cooled guy. My Porsches are all air cooled except for this latest 997 Cab. I tend to lean heavily towards the Fuchs look as "Classic Porsche".. That said, I like the many other styles I see on P-cars today. For me, however, these are as close as want I envision as I've seen.. Thank you Kcheves! (Don't tell me your first name is "Hank"...? ) Depending on the pronunciation , that would be pretty cool. ;D
Where you do think the best deals are for those wheels?
I sent you a PM with a possible source for the Rugers that may also be able to customize the color for you, if you want something lighter. I've seen these wheels jn Seal Grey which looks great.

FYI - There is also a set for sale on the other site.

Sorry to disappoint, but my first name is Kit, and my last name rhymes with "cheese".

Last edited by kcheves; 08-04-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:11 PM
MTNRIDE
Instructor

The more I look at those AG Rugers the more I like them. Those wheels with red calipers on my white 997.. Ouch!
Old 08-04-2014, 03:13 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

The Cocoa leather was very popular in the 05-08 years because it went so well with so many of the exterior colors, like the silvers. Priced as you saw at $3,735, it was a relative bargain compared to the natural leather which was $4,875. Beginning in 09, Porsche changed the cocoa leather so that it became a natural leather (with the higher price, of course). It reminds me of something I would expect to see in my attorney's office on his couch)!

Many dealers wound up with the "ET--phone home"--option because someone at Zuffenhausen decided it would be a neat option, not knowing how quickly the USA transitioned to a hands-free world. Often they would remove it but they had to order a replacement side piece when it was removed--so it stayed.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:19 PM
Swoody
Racer

Originally Posted by Edgy01
The Cocoa leather was very popular in the 05-08 years because it went so well with so many of the exterior colors, like the silvers. Priced as you saw at $3,735, it was a relative bargain compared to the natural leather which was $4,875. Beginning in 09, Porsche changed the cocoa leather so that it became a natural leather (with the higher price, of course). It reminds me of something I would expect to see in my attorney's office on his couch)!

Many dealers wound up with the "ET--phone home"--option because someone at Zuffenhausen decided it would be a neat option, not knowing how quickly the USA transitioned to a hands-free world. Often they would remove it but they had to order a replacement side piece when it was removed--so it stayed.
Not to mention that the terracotta side piece I replaced in my turbo that had the phone was like $500!!!

Quick Reply: Rare Option (what was the cost?)