C2S vs C24S?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Jaye Bass
Burning Brakes

Received 273 Likes on 135 Posts

That Cocoa full leather is purty sweet.

Originally Posted by Perk10
Thank you! The car has pretty much every option available at the time if you read my sig.

When I was searching, I wanted black interior and once I saw the Cocoa it was game over. Now that I own it (it's in pristine shape plus I condition it when I'm bored) I think the black looks good but too plain. The Cocoa full leather is also a different grain than the regular black. It's much more soft. If you can find it, I highly recommend it.

Here's a recent pic - the tricky part is that you really have to see the "marbleized" look in person in the sunlight.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:46 PM
Jaye Bass
Burning Brakes

Received 273 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by HkPlinker
See, betonred, you're making my decision that much more difficult. I am looking for a 997 CAB. The decision is either a 2008 TurboCAB with TIP or a 2010-11 CS or C4S CAB with PDK. I just sold a 930 Turbo CAB and might mal-align my spine in a 997 Turbo . . . . now you're making me lean towards a Turbo (again).
I had my 930 for ten years and it always made me grin running through the gears.
If you just sold your 930, you probably got some fairly significant bucks. They all seem to be heading to 6 figures. Unbelievable.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:50 PM
Perk10
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaye Bass
That Cocoa full leather is purty sweet.
Thanks!! Your Color combo is purty sweet too!

Last edited by Perk10; 09-30-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:32 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

My experience was that my C4 experienced some off-throttle understeer when diving hard into corners but it seemed to response well to throttle inputs. I found it a little disconcerting at times when I was a bit hot in a curve and felt like I needed more throttle to get it tucked in. My C2S, which has the same brand/model of tires, doesn't do this and in general feels more nimble and responsive. Has anyone else felt this?

I love the C4/C4S/GTS for their hips though! Maybe next time I'll get a 2WD wide-body GTS for the best of all worlds, but for the foreseeable future I'm loving my current car.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:04 AM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
My experience was that my C4 experienced some off-throttle understeer when diving hard into corners but it seemed to response well to throttle inputs. I found it a little disconcerting at times when I was a bit hot in a curve and felt like I needed more throttle to get it tucked in. My C2S, which has the same brand/model of tires, doesn't do this and in general feels more nimble and responsive. Has anyone else felt this?

I love the C4/C4S/GTS for their hips though! Maybe next time I'll get a 2WD wide-body GTS for the best of all worlds, but for the foreseeable future I'm loving my current car.
Given your C4 was 997.1 and your C2S is 997.2 the difference is almost certainly the suspension setup more than the drivetrain setup. Since I was looking at C2S and C4S cars, often nearly back-to-back, and across the .1s and .2s, I noticed differences in how they handled. The biggest difference was front-end float in the .1s vs more stability in the .2s, but overall handling characteristics were different as well. I preferred the .2 handling.

I definitely preferred the .1 engine note however!

Quick Reply: C2S vs C24S?