Sponsored by:

Replacing broken DVD Satnav 2.1 drive

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 03:17 PM
petes1966
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Replacing broken DVD Satnav 2.1 drive

The satnav DVD drive in my wife's C2S packed up recently, so I purchased a replacement on fleabag, but I'm not sure if it's working. Two minutes to install, powers up fine and if I check the system info, I can see the "actual" info in the pcm, but the "target" is blank. When I check the version, it's had the Level B upgrade, but needs the C. So, put the C disk in the DVD drive, it says "Do you want to update", say yes, it puts up the scrolling bar for a few seconds, but doesn't get to 10% then asks for the Navi DVD, and just sits on updating. The C update didn't seem to do anything. So, do I need to "pair" the drive in some way into the fibre network, should the target be blank, or is that a problem?

just trying to work out if the second hand drive is actually duff, or if I need to do something first.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Michaelc
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a very similar issue and will watch this thread.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:45 PM
petes1966
Track Day

Ok - made some progress. The problem seems to be a mismatch between the s/w version in the PCM and the drive. The PCM and the old drive were on Level C/2012. The PCM was still on that version, but the drive was on an old (unknown version). Trying to update didn't work, since in effect it was in an invalid state. To get it working, we had to downgrade the whole thing using PIWIS to the original version, then apply the level b and then level c updates. The second level B updated disk (phone) was missing, but the level C seemed to mostly install, and it now reads the 2012 map disk and Navi works, but the version number of the PCM is stil 5024, so something hasn't quite worked yet - although it seems fully functional. I will try and get the second level b disk, and try re-applying those, but it is working again.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:06 PM
Michaelc
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

My unit wouldn't read the disc. I picked up a replacement on Ebay and all is working as it should now. Does anyone know who repairs these units?
Old 04-12-2017, 06:12 PM
hindibuff
Advanced

Hi,
I am having some issues with the dvd drive. Would you be able to guide me how to access the dvd drive under the seat if I wanted to take it out?

Quick Reply: Replacing broken DVD Satnav 2.1 drive