2006 C2S Sports Mode doesn't work

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 09:33 PM
k3nny
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 C2S Sports Mode doesn't work

A big hello to everyone here!

I've recently gotten myself a 997 C2S and loving every moment with the car.. Previously had a Cayman S for awhile so this is a lovely upgrade for me albeit abit old. The Chrono package is a cool addition too..

For some reason, the Sports mode in my car does not engage. When I press the sports mode button, nothing happens.

The light on the button doesn't come on and the dash doesn't show anything. Basically does nothing at all.

Pasm still works though. Stiffens the car up nicely.

I've read other members pressing the sports mode button and the car alerting them of a sports mode failure however mine is somewhat different.. With mine, when I press it, nothing happens at all..

Has anyone experienced this before and how do I rectify this problem?

Big thanks in advance for any help and advice! Much appreciated
Old 07-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Slamuth
Racer

Haven't heard anything like this before; wish I could help. Good luck. There are many helpful people on here, so stay tuned.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 326 Likes on 180 Posts

So, when you press the sport button, the little shock (PASM) lights up as well correct?
Do you feel the shocks tighted up? The only difference other than the shocks is that the throttle response is much crisper and it will allow you to kick the rear end out a little more before PSM kicks in.

Have you checked your fuses?

I'd stop by the dealer and have them look at it.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Captsteve123
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good time to invest in the Durametric diagnostic tool. It will test all systems and tell you if you have a code, etc. Best money I have spent.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:34 PM
k3nny
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
So, when you press the sport button, the little shock (PASM) lights up as well correct?
Do you feel the shocks tighted up? The only difference other than the shocks is that the throttle response is much crisper and it will allow you to kick the rear end out a little more before PSM kicks in.

Have you checked your fuses?

I'd stop by the dealer and have them look at it.
Hello Hella Buggin!

When I press the sports button, nothing happens. Absolutely nothing at all.

But when I press the little shock button (pasm) next to it, the dash says PASM Sport and the little shock button lights up. The car suspension then stiffens up.

But the sport button does nothing at all.

I think perhaps time to have someone look at the car? Down here in Malaysia, the Porsche dealer isn't so cooperative because the car wasn't purchased from them. It's a UK car that was exported here and I bought parallel..

Thanks again for all the help! Much appreciated
Old 07-10-2014, 01:58 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 326 Likes on 180 Posts

Hmm, I think a trip to the shop is in order.

Mark
Old 07-10-2014, 05:05 AM
k3nny
6th Gear

Yes i think so.. I was hoping to hear something simple like i forgot to do something hence the Sports mode wont engage but it seems that may not be the case.

Will make a visit to the shop and if i discover something interesting, i will keep ya'll informed!

Thanks once again for all the help!!
Old 07-10-2014, 05:24 AM
Sniff
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Captsteve123
Good time to invest in the Durametric diagnostic tool. It will test all systems and tell you if you have a code, etc. Best money I have spent.
Can I ask which Durametric you purchased and where? I seem to remember there is a big difference in price depending on how many cars it can be used on. I would want one primarily to read fault codes and reset service lights. Also if I replace a major brake component, I would need one to operate the ABS circuits during the brake bleed.

Sean
Old 07-10-2014, 08:13 AM
Captsteve123
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sniff

Can I ask which Durametric you purchased and where? I seem to remember there is a big difference in price depending on how many cars it can be used on. I would want one primarily to read fault codes and reset service lights. Also if I replace a major brake component, I would need one to operate the ABS circuits during the brake bleed.

Sean
I bought this online from Durametric. Bought the base system that is good for 3 cars. It does all types of stuff, and is perfect for what I wanted. Fortunately I checked for all codes in all systems and none were found along with history of any.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:58 AM
cibergypsy
Instructor

Default This happened to me, cheap fix.

This happened to me two weeks ago. My sport button wouldn't engage but PSM and PASM were unaffected. The sport button needed replacement but, unfortunately, the whole panel with the spoiler, PASM, sport and PSM functions has to be replaced as a unit. It costs $85 at the dealer and then, if so inclined, you can replace it yourself or have the dealer or an independent change it for you in < 10 minutes.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:49 PM
k3nny
6th Gear

Originally Posted by cibergypsy
This happened to me two weeks ago. My sport button wouldn't engage but PSM and PASM were unaffected. The sport button needed replacement but, unfortunately, the whole panel with the spoiler, PASM, sport and PSM functions has to be replaced as a unit. It costs $85 at the dealer and then, if so inclined, you can replace it yourself or have the dealer or an independent change it for you in < 10 minutes.
Thanks a lot cibergypsy!

Thankfully, I can live without the sports mode for the moment.. Am preparing to send the car in for major cosmetic work so I'll have her looked at on the way out..

Thanks again for the suggestion! I do hope indeed it ends up being a cheap fix!

Quick Reply: 2006 C2S Sports Mode doesn't work