Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 Bose iPod/phone solution?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 10:51 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

My car is not a daily driver , I problaly put 1k per year , all I'm looking for is just to play my iPhone music , I don't want to spend a lot if $ since it's not going to be used that much , but I do want to play the music. From my iPhone .
Old 07-06-2014, 12:18 AM
mwolfe
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tranzit Blu HF.

It is a very cheap solution that is well worth the money. Even if you don't like it, the investment is minimal, and you can make up some of it by selling it on the forum. Then you can get something you may like better.

I installed mine last week--Brilliant.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:39 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 604 Likes on 357 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171163134593&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123
make sure you contact the seller telling him that you drive a 2005+ porsche 911. he will know exactly which antenna adapter to sell you.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:22 AM
porterror
Racer

Thanks for this thread just eBay ordered. Any video/instructions for 997.1 install? Only vids I've found are for other cars
Old 07-06-2014, 10:25 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 604 Likes on 357 Posts

look for the 1/2 dozen other instructions for taking out hte pcm for 997.1

it is VERY simple.

Originally Posted by porterror
Thanks for this thread just eBay ordered. Any video/instructions for 997.1 install? Only vids I've found are for other cars
Old 07-06-2014, 03:49 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

This should help:

Ignore the fact it's for a Dension. Think you made the right choice of Bluetooth integration, wish I'd gone with that instead of the Dension.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
My car is not a daily driver , I problaly put 1k per year , all I'm looking for is just to play my iPhone music , I don't want to spend a lot if $ since it's not going to be used that much , but I do want to play the music. From my iPhone .
The Tranzit-Blu HF does that excellently. I've got Spotify Premium which lets me search and load entire albums and/or individual songs and create custom playists on wifi, then put it in offline mode and stream them in the car without using any of my data plan. One quick press of the Tranzit's button skips to the next selection, and if a call comes in it automatically mutes the music. Caller ID and song ID show on the PCM screen. Spotify also has a radio function like Pandora, but I only use it when I'm on wifi. $10/mo for access to about a million songs. I haven't yet not found something I was looking for. Heckuva lot cheaper than iTunes.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:25 PM
Boy Howdy
AutoX

The TranzIt BLU HF looks good. Two questions for those of you who have experience with this:
  1. I've looked at the installation pics, and you have to splice into the power leads. Is there any way to do this (i.e. some sort of adapter) where you don't have to splice?
  2. Sound quality - how good or bad is it for Spotify, Pandora and/or iPhone music?

Thanks!
Old 07-08-2014, 11:41 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Ordered mine. I watched the video too. I can't believe how many screws hold the glove box in while the door panels have mostly cheap plastic clips....
Old 02-22-2015, 08:49 PM
prospect
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ben Z
The Tranzit-Blu HF does that excellently. I've got Spotify Premium which lets me search and load entire albums and/or individual songs and create custom playists on wifi, then put it in offline mode and stream them in the car without using any of my data plan. One quick press of the Tranzit's button skips to the next selection, and if a call comes in it automatically mutes the music. Caller ID and song ID show on the PCM screen. Spotify also has a radio function like Pandora, but I only use it when I'm on wifi. $10/mo for access to about a million songs. I haven't yet not found something I was looking for. Heckuva lot cheaper than iTunes.
Are you getting sound from all the speakers? My phone connects to Bluetooth. Then I dial 2 to activate streaming. Sound only comes out of the door speakers though.

Quick Reply: 997.1 Bose iPod/phone solution?