Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deck lid or spoiler louvers, removal of.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014 | 10:40 PM
Chrono
Rennlist Member

Default Deck lid or spoiler louvers, removal of.

Can the plastic piece that is the spoiler louvers be removed easily? Or, any part or sub-assembly on the deck? The piece with the third light, etc. I want to do paint correction and my back would appreciate these items on the bench if the trade-off of removal effort is a win.
Old 06-07-2014 | 03:32 PM
PhilD
Pro

Looks like it is held on with plastic rivet type things? Not sure how easy it is to remove or install, but why not just undo four bolts and one harness connector and remove the whole deck lid. It is not that heavy and really easy to do, just put a clean towel around the edge of the opening to prevent an accident. If you have two people available it is a piece of cake, but even by yourself it is hardly difficult, I've removed it quite a few times.
Old 06-07-2014 | 07:57 PM
Chrono
Rennlist Member

Thanks PhilD. I JUST finished the detail and I left the deck on. In hindsight, the entire deck removal would have been easier but I just went for it. As expected, two polish steps and two coats of wax WAS a chore in those louvers.
Old 06-08-2014 | 12:53 PM
PhilD
Pro

Yes, polishing those louvers is a pain, especially making sure you don't leave any residue. Glad you got it done.

Quick Reply: Deck lid or spoiler louvers, removal of.