Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Euro vs USA ride height 997.1 C2S?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 01:50 AM
voda
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Euro vs USA ride height 997.1 C2S?

Wondering if anyone can tell me the front/rear ride height of a Euro spec 997.1 C2S vs a USA spec car. I know the USA spec is higher, but I just haven't had any luck finding this info from a source that isn't hearsay. I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed, but I just didn't see a source mentioned that wasn't hearsay. I did call my local Porsche dealership and the service concierge said they make the alteration for customers once in a while, but not often due to increased harshness in ride, but he was unsure of the measurements.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:39 AM
AWay
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 75 Posts

I had heard/read that with the 997's there was no difference between ROW and USA suspension heights. That could very well be incorrect but it's the conclusion I came to when I was researching a factory solution to lowering my car. 996 and early generations there was definitely different ROW suspensions.

Sport PASM suspension is a bit lower than regular PASM if that floats your boat.

I ended up with the Eibach's and am very happy FWIW.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:50 PM
PhilD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have also heard that the European models sit lower, but have never found anything that confirms or refutes this. US ride height is heavily dictated by headlamp beam angle and bumper height, so it is possible that taller springs are required for the US market.

Quick Reply: Euro vs USA ride height 997.1 C2S?